Jony_Star

My Cousin Cynthia - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

so i have my cousin cynthia who came out with down syndrome...ever since we were little our parents made it clear to us that she was different from us but that we shouldn't treat her any different...i gotta say...she's the happiest bundle of joy...i'm always happy when my aunt comes to visit us...cuz she brings my cousin with her...although she can't truly understand what you're saying...she's still great to talk to...and to my surprise she's a great dancer...i downloaded this one demo for Luna to play on the ps3...i had them both play the game...it kind of surprised to see that even at cynthia's age (22)...her ability to process information is still a bit behind than Luna...but just by a little...cuz it took her about 3 tries to learn the concept of the game...which only consisted pressing the right button to pop the bubbles...it had pictures of the buttons...square, triange, cirlcle and x...it took Luna only one game to learn...but anwyho...as i said...she's really fun to talk to...her mom told us that she had a boyfriend...whenever we ask her questions about him...she gets all shy and blushes...she's so cute...i really love her...my aunt is the only one to take care of my cousin...and well my mom came to me one time and told me that my grandma said something really insensitive...i get why she says it...but i think that statement was uncalled for and it shouldn't have came out of her mouth...but according to my mom...my grandmother said that she hopes my cousin cynthia dies 1st than her parents...because she would only suffer...and her brothers wouldn't take care of her as good as her mom did...besides they wouldn't have the patience to do so...because it's as if you're taking care of a child for the rest of her life...now again i know why she said it...but it's still a very mean thing to say...and that would never come out of my mouth...anywho...as i was saying...my cousin cynthia is truly special...always making us smile...

Tonia_Docter
Posted

Jony you have a truly kind and compassionate soul to see past your cousin's limitations and you see her possibilities. I understand living with people with disabilities and others not being able to see their possibilities.

Posted

thank you Tonia...i try to be always see the good in people no matter what...