How safe is sucking?! - STI Awareness month - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

So, here is a topic which I have discussed A LOT with my friends and we all have a different opinion so I REALLY wanna know what you guys think about the safety of sucking cock, one of our favourite pastimes, ha ha!

How safe is it to swallow? Can you get HIV by having cum in your mouth or swallowing? What infections can you get from sucking? Does anyone ever use a condom to give a blow job?

June_Ushikoshi_Aka_June_Asia
Posted

My understanding (I am in finance, and zero professional qualification in medical out side massage), is HIV transmission by swallowing it self, without all mambrain intact is near Zero. However, cut and abrasion along on the way will increase the HIV having to be introduced in bloodstream will increase the chance of infection significantly.

Cut and abrasion can occur from brushing, flossing, eating bread with hard crust, burning from hot pizza.... etc.

... Pre cum (Cowper's fluid), is assume to be unsafe as well in the same way.

Posted

Btw... Thought lower risk than unprotected sex, list of possible STI will include
Chlamydia
human papillomavirus (HPV)
gonorrhea, herpes
hepatitis
HIV
.... Others

gstanescu84
Posted

Personally, I love sucking cock, more so than fucking. It is the most hottest action. As regards STI concerns, you can indeed get STI. As June as correctly pointed out you can get all sorts of STIs including HIV(biggie these days).
Your question relating to condoms usage, Condoms are highly recommended when siemen(cum) is being transmitted from one body to another. However you can't get HIV or any other STI infection as much as you get if you were being fucked. Being fucked bareback is a biggie without condom. Of course you can get STIs with Blowjobs, but its not a high a risk as being fucked. I did try sucking a guy with a condom on, but was not pleasant as all i was sucking was plastic. As long as the guy does cum in your mouth your not in complete dangerous.

Posted

Hello folks, well sucking without a condom does still present a small risk of HIV transmission, although it is much lower than penetrative anal or vaginal sex without a condom.

Transmission from an HIV positive receptive partner to an HIV negative active partner may occur when the active partner gets sexual fluid (semen or vaginal fluid) or blood (from menstruation or a wound somewhere in the genital or anal region) into a cut, sore, ulcer or area of inflammation somewhere in their mouth or throat. The linings of the mouth and throat are very resistant to viral infections such as HIV, so infection is unlikely if they are healthy.

Swallowing semen does present a theoretical risk of HIV transmission, but only due to the conditions mentioned above where people may have a sore or wound in their mouth. Once swallowed, the acids in the stomach and digestive tract soon kill of any potential HIV that may have been in the semen

Both giving and receiving oral sex can lead to the transmission of sexually transmitted infections or sexually transmitted diseases (STIs or STDs) such as herpes, gonorrhea, Syphilis or chlamydia... not a very nice shopping list is it!
Using a condom with oral sex will greatly reduce the the risk of HIV and STD transmission.

George mentioned that condoms don't tend to taste very nice (understatement), but remember, there are now lots of different flavored ones on the market, to make things taste much nicer.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Thank you AVERT,
You have helped no end.
Thank you,again. xxxx

Posted

Yep! Thanks a lot AVERT!

Posted

Thank you for getting involved and asking your questions.

Jack_Elliott
Posted

This has been quiet the discussion for nearly thirty years. The risk is indeed extremely low. For many years the San Francisco AIDS Foundation research show that it was indeed rare to track HIV transmission to someone professing to have had only oral sex. As sexually active men and women, we all make choices. We have to be accountable for our choices. I am extremely oral and I have remained HIV -. Don't be afraid to ask your potential partner their status. Always use a condom for anal sex. And if you don't know your partner all that well, tell them your fantasy for their cum is "On me - not in me!" Follow those three guidelines and you should be just find. But if you merely suspect something is wrong - then get it checked out immediately.

gstanescu84
Posted

While AVERT say its true, I now wish to make an update in that the condoms i actually sucked on which is once btw, was strawberry, i felt like swallowing the condom which wud be horrible. because of the amt of sucking i do to a guy i'd to fear that i will swallow on the condom and choke on it. whereas without the condom i can't choke on the dick. mmm

Posted

@George ... as some one who survived the era of mass extermination of "homos" by the conservatives calling HIV "Punishment to Homos" holding back funding for HIV transmission prevention... I feel great reluctance in any practice of sexual contact with out full protection between people with recent multiple partners.

Having said that... yes, like riding motorcycle without helmet feels so good and having sex with out protection too ... just having an accident is so ..."fatal"

June

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes,how true,June,xxx

Posted

I should talk... my partner and I are completely direct in all bodily fluid contacts... with promise, if we decide to venture out to have other partner, we will notify each other...

We would rather invest in relationship that we can trust.

June

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes,June,me and my B/F,are the same.
But why would we even dream of going
else whare ??. As we have each other,
too Trust,&Love. lol xxxx

Posted

I know some people who just can not keep their pants zipped or keep their fingers out of a sockets... lol

For me, lots of issues I have and had in life, related to LGBT realm became pretty much irrelevant after meeting some one I hope to be a life partner with.

Why would I dream of going elsewhere?

June

Posted

@Tommy ... your status still say "single"!

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Thank you June,you have just
reminded me to Change it.
Thank you. Tommy,xxx

gstanescu84
Posted

Very much agree. June. I wud rather, have sex being so protected to da highest degree. However, when i went to suck a guy with a strawberry condom on him, i almost chocked on the condom itself, cause of the flavor. Obviously i shudnt , but it was dat tasty. SO i what usually, do is suck da cock then before the cumming, i pull away immediately. I usually tell him, dat i don't swallow, and he respects dat.