Jony_Star

Honesty/Criticism and White Lies - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

ok so my sister had told my dad that she wished my mom would learn my aunt's recipe for bread pudding...but she doesn't have to heart to tell her cuz she doesn't want to make my mom upset...now i cook alongside my mom almost all the time...and as one homecook to another...i tell her straight out when something doesn't taste good...and she never gets upset...but it got me thinking over the whole topic honesty/criticism and white lies...i know why people tell white lies...but i don't see the point of making up things like that...if a person isn't doing something right you should always be honest about it...that's the way i see it...i mean i'm a person who's open to criticism cuz none of us are perfect human beings...therefore there is always something i need to improve or lack...i don't see any white lies that actually help...especially when it come to physical appearance...my brother's gf has come to about twice asking how'd she look and i'm always honest...one time she didn't really like it cuz we were already at the party so there was nothing she could about the clothing she was wearing...telling her it doesn't look right cuz her belly is popping out wasn't gonna help...but well i thought that's what mirrors are for...check yourself out before you go...my brother is the silent/whatever type...so to him anything is ok...it's not a big deal to him...so he's the wrong person to ask...lol...but well i pick honesty over white lies anytime of the day...what do you guys think???

Richard_Edwards
Posted

I agree with you Jony.
I have been chatting with a guy in another country. Everything seemed fine until I came across his Facebook page. He had sent me a pic, saying that only he and I had seen it, but there it was in FB. He sent me pics when he was at the beach saying he went alone but on FB there were pics of him and this guy together. He said they are just friends.

What do you guys think? Are these lies ok? He promises he will never lie to me again.

Posted

richard he may be telling the truth, or mabey not, what does your gut feeling say to you on this,and thats how i would take it. all the best anyway

Posted

well i don't know...we as human being have both predictable and unpredictable qualities...but there's something to guide us when things are unclear and that's your instincts...listen to them and then make your decision...

Nick_Morgan
Posted

By and large, I think you're right - honesty works better than lies anyway, it's almost invariably much simpler. But I think it is acceptable to lie in some circumstances. In my own case, I often lie when people ask me if I have crushes on anyone purely because I consider them private and don't particularly want other people knowing or speculating about them. Or to take more serious examples, I think in some cases it's perfectly understandable to lie about being gay if you just don't want other people knowing about it.

But yeah, in most cases, lies complicate things and are wholly unnecessary.

Posted

Its also a question about "trust" and being betrayed is hurtful

Posted

I agree with you but that Mirror comment all most made me spit beer at my computer. TYhat was fabulous. Can I use it?? Because believe me ......I can.

Posted

david feel free to use any comment, as long as it does not compromise us or this site, in any way.

Posted

well yea you have the right to keep your business to yourself...and friends should always understand that there are some things we can't or don't want to share...i know my friends have their secrets...some they'll share and others they won't...and they should respect that...and well about being gay...well i guess i can find that understandable...

Posted

i am sure that a few on here understand there are certain things i share with all in the lgbt community, but out there i am alone and cruise alone, in disguise,and remain a mystery.