STI Awareness Month - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

Welcome to the Gays.com Clinic

You're sexy and you know it. You're hot and you got it! Got what, exactly? Along with the sexual adrenalin that runs through your veins, are you sure that's all? Do you know without a doubt that you are enjoying your sexiness without harming yourself or your partner(s)?

Well the Gays.com Clinic is a place to come (pun intended) to voice your concerns, share your knowledge about all that is sexy and safe.

Here we can discuss without judgement, about what it means to have a healthy sexual life.

June_Ushikoshi_Aka_June_Asia
Posted

Awsome subject! Thanks Tara.
It is so important, for me to be able to say with certainty to my partner, yes I am D&D free. So even though, I was reasonably sure I did not have STI, I went to my Dr. And got tested.... If you love some one, you have to get tested.
June

Posted

What are the sexual health clinics like where you live? I'm living in Spain right now and the times I've had to go for STI check-ups, it has always been crappy! The service is free, so that's something, but I've had to wait weeks for appointements, then when I've got there the dox haven't done the tests I asked for and didn't seem to have much interest... it makes me realise how LUCKY I was in the UK. Back there, it was free, fast, they always took great care in me and my health, asked questions etc, and I always left with a huge bag of free condoms and lube, he he! What's it like where you live?

Posted

@June that is great!...that you went and got tested
@Allan, agreed...we go for dental check ups, right? So it makes sense to go get tested for any sexually transmitted disease. The way I see it, if we eat a lot of food and don't brush and floss properly, we gonna get a tooth decay...if we partake in sexual activity, no matter how careful we are, there's still a chance we may get infected with something...better to catch it (as in find out what is) earlier rather than later!

Posted

TESTING TIME!
Which STI is known as the "silent" disease as a good proportion of those affected have no symptoms at all...even though it can be easily diagnosed and effectively treated?

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Hi`er,
Please don`t think of me,as being Silly.

I know the meaning, S.T.D`s, but what is,D&D,& S.T.I, ??????
please, xxx

Posted

@Tommy You are not being silly at all! it's a great question.
D&D = Drug and Disease Free
STI = Sexually Transmitted Infection (just a spin on Sexually Transmitted Disease)

Some get tested for drugs too, which is great to show to a partner that you are serious about your health and them having the reassurance that you don't do drugs and don't have an STI/STD

Tonia_Docter
Posted

@Tara, I can think of a couple...Chlamydia or HPV

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Thank you Tara,for you help.

Tonia, what is HPV,please, ????
xxxxx

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Just a thought,this is.

For peaple like my self,who are not shure
of the meaning`s of all these abrevation`s
,it is a shame that some how,a list of most
of the Abreveation`s and there meaning`s
cannot be created some how ??

As i was saying,it was just a thought.
xxxxx

Tonia_Docter
Posted

Tommy, HPV is the Human Papoloma Virus. It not easy to see just by looking, you must be tested. It can be carried by men and women and spread as easily as by a sink in a public restroom.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

I want too thank you,for this help you
are giving me, and it is all vary aprecheated.

I like to think that i have a sound knowlage
on most thing`s,but as you can see,whare
all these Abreveation`s are concerned i
am still on a Lerning curve.
And also with my spelling`s as well.
( Ha,ha ).
The one thing i am not,and that is perfect.
( far from it ). Ha,ha.
Tommy,xx

Tonia_Docter
Posted

Allan, it can be carried under your fingernails, and can be transmitted through fluid to fluid contact. This virus can cause many things including cancers. I've written a more in depth article for the site this month, but would be more than willing to answer any questions about it that I can.