Jony_Star

The Importance of Hardships - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

so mike put up as his status that he doesn't know why we have to deal with hard times...and i say because if everything was so easy...it would be boring...now Carl says it would be ideal...and i can see that side of thinking about it...but as he also mentioned the hard times also help us appreciate our good times...and there is always a new lesson to be learned...in fact i actually see all the things we would lack if it were not for having hard times...where would our strength, confindence, determination, or pride come from???...i mean sure for those who work hard already...it would be great to sit back and chillax...but if that's all you'd be doing in this ideal world...where would our feeling of accomplishment be if everything, all the answers and miracles were to fall from the sky???...the hard times can vary...some are so strong that make us believe that we can never get back up...and unfortunately for some people...they only see one escape...without truly seeing that they're always more than one way out...i strongly believe that if you have the will that is strong enough to keep you moving forward...ain't nothing to it but to do it...sure this may not apply to curing you of a terminal illness...or if you believe in miracles and have the strong will to live...who knows maybe it might...i surely like to think that it's possible...so long as you never give in...as i've said before...you and only you can control your life and lead to where you want to go...sure there are certain factors that also affect you...and that's more work for you...take in the good and throw out the bad...i'm really the type of person that doesn't really linger in negativity...if something isn't working out...fix it...answers don't come easy...that's why sometimes when i'm feeling clouded or confused i go to my friends to maybe help me see what i can't...and most of you guys have been a great help to me...now don't get me wrong support from others can get you going...but at the end of the day you decide where you want your life journey to go...and that's when you need your own strength and remove any obstacle in your way...so i thank God we have hard times...they may not always feel great and some can be truly hard...but as i always say to all of you...i truly believe that nothing is impossible...in my new game skryim there is this daedra (which in our world she would be a demon) that says..."always remember, as you will it, so shall it be"...now i know it's just a game...and it would be even more stupid to believe such a thing...but i believe there is some truth to that...don't focus on how hard something is...focus on how you can work through it...and once you see that you have the chance to move forward...grasp it and take it...and after you finally manage to work through it...pat yourself on the back...and await the future challenges that lie ahead...and keep going...don't let life get the better of you...instead you should get the better of life...now i hope some of you don't take this the wrong way...but we're gonna have more than enough time to rest when we die...and then and only then can we just finally sit back and chillax...for now we just have to continue our journey...no matter how bad or good, short or long our life will be...let's be glad and feel privileged that we get to wake up another day...so as you can see...for me an easy life wouldn't be an ideal life for me...but what about you guys???...

Tonia_Docter
Posted

I think that this is very well written and that you put a lot of thought into this. I agree with what you have written and have gone through a lot in my life, a lot of bad, but wouldn't change a bit of it because it has made me the strong woman that I am today and not the doormat that I used to be. I still stumble, but I pick myself up and keep going...sometimes I do throw a bit of a pity party...at least for a few minutes. (Ice cream usually helps.)

Posted

i agree...some hardships aren't that easy to get over...and well we need something to make us feel better...it's like going into a safe corner...but in time we learn to leave the safe corner and confront the obstacle...and with enough practice...i think we won't be needing that safe corner anymore...i try to put some thought when i'm writing...although i have to say that all of this was pretty much spontaneous thinking...i just made sure i worded it right...cuz i tend to sometimes not make sense if i'm just writing...lol...but i've learned this lesson pretty much after a lot of complaining and some life reflections...and well sometimes to release my emotions...i turn to music and vent it out when i sing...

Posted

i was just talking to my mom about this topic...and well if you believe in the bible...well remember that adam and eve started with a perfectly simple and easy life...and it wasn't good enough for them...the 1st human mistake...sure i bet most people wish that eve didn't listen to the serpent and take the apple from the forbidden tree...but well it happened and there's nothing we can do about it now but move forward...now i don't know much about other religions and their beliefs on why we have to endure hardships...so if anyone wants to educate us a bit...feel free to do so...

Helen_Lane_Li
Posted

Hardships to my mind are all part of existing as an animal, made of fragile material on a fragile planet where people can choose to do or cause harm to others or the body to fail and die at any point. It's not for god to intervene as the body and all material existence is of little consequence. Anyway, it seems he also makes an odd mistake as Eve was Adam's second wife, not his first. The first exists to watch her children be born and die for eternity.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Thx Jony for putting my status as a discussion........

Tommy_Storey
Posted

I have just read what has been wrote,and i agree with most of it,but on the
other hand,the one thing that i do beleive in is the What does not kill you,
will make you Stronger.
You must have a certern amount in your life,for you to grow as a Person.
You can go to any Third world country in the world,and this is the place
to see real Hardship.
But when you meet the peaple`s of these Country`s,they alway`s
are happy,and nothing is too much trouble for them to share ,even if they
have to go with out them selves,to make you Welcome,and a part of there
exstended Family.
The point what i am trying to make,is, Having too deal with Hard Ship,to the Max,
then it will make you into a much better Human Being, lol

Posted

You're welcome Mike and thank you for bringing up such an interesting thought...thanks for that little info about eve being a second wife...i guess you can tell i haven't really studied the bible...just know what i've been taught...it's all true...adam and eve's mistake made us learn what a mistake can cost us...we learn from it and keep on moving...yes other can cause harm to you...but at the end of the day you choose how much power they have over you...i agree Tommy what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...but as i said for people sadly that's not the case...they either feel too much or nothing at all and end up giving up on life...i totally agree with you when it comes to 3rd-world countries...but well in reality everyone in every country suffers...some areas may not suffer as much as others...but well suffering is suffering no matter to what degree...all we can do is try our best to help others in need...

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes Jony,i take your point.
And i agree with you when
you say that we all should
try our best to help other`s.

Posted

well yea...cuz only then can we make life easier for ourselves and everyone else around us...

Tommy_Storey
Posted

It is a sad fact,that you can only do that,only
some times.
In alot of naghbere hood`s, Street gang`s
rule the roost.
So how can you help there,then ???

Posted

well again with enough determination...anything is possible...

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes,i must admit Jony,
you have made a good
point there.
But it would be a vary,
steep up hill Stuggle
though,
How would you tackle thing`s
like,Drug`s,Knifes,Gun`s,and Bulling, all big time, ?????

Posted

i don't know that's something we'll eventually figure out...

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes,Let`s just hope that we can
work it out one day,Jony,but i
have this feeling,that it will take
a Vary,vary,Long time,if ever ??.

Posted

who knows???...all we can do is focus on doing our part and hoping others will follow...

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes,i must admit,i do agree with you
there,Jony. Let`s just hope and pray
for a Miricle or two too happen , ( Yes,? ).
To help thing`s along a bit.