New short story. Kinda weird but idk what do you guys think? - Your WRITES

Posted

In the Eyes of Our "God"

He stood over me with eyes red as flames, teeth bared and mouth snarling in anger. I was petrified. It seems as if I was living a child’s nightmare, this monster that knelt on top of me, hands clasped around my neck was definitely not of this world.
“W-what are you?” I choked out, pulling at its wrists and trying my best to break free from his super human hold on me. It’s eyes blazed and it pulled me out of bed by its grip on my neck and held me against the wall, yet remained silent.
“why are you doing this?” I sobbed as I tried to kick and thrash to gain freedom.
The monster’s claws tightened around my neck and I stared in panic at his hideious features. His skin was as it was charred black in a fire, rough and wrickled. His cheek bones were caved in and you could make out the outline of his skull, as if his skin was just barely stretched over it. He wore a black cloak and had horns the color of blood on his temples, he seemed as if he could have been Satan himself. The monster let a low growl and released one of his clawed hands as he drew something from his cloak.
He held up pictures that seemed to appear in his hands like a magic trick a maginian would do in his shows. He relaxed the hand on my neck, allowing me to lean and look at what the pictures held on them. I gasped in shock as I realized what those pictures were of.
He took a step back from me, releasing his other hand and backing away slowly, but keep his penetrating glare locked on mine the entire time.
“Your sins.” His voice came low and slowly as he passed back in forth in front of me. Hearing him speak made me quiver, knowing that he could talk seemed more terrifying to me than before because this verified that what was before me was reality.
I took a deep, ragged breath, and stepped forward, reaching my night stand table and picking up the picture frame that sat on it. When I looked back up at him he was no longer holding the pictures but looking at me with such intensity my knees buckled at the quaking fear he caused me.
“This?” I pointed to the picture with a shaky finger and looked up at him. He nodded slightly and his nostrels flared as he glared at the photo in disgust.
“Why are you here?” I questioned, bravery starting to build inside of me as the anger of his accusations .
“To atone for your sins” his voice boomed through the room as he looked at me with hatred.
“You want to kill me for this?” Anger boiled through my veins as I clenched my fists. “for loving someone and protecting them with all of my heart and more? What is wrong with our love?”
“Its against the laws!” he screamed as he came at me in a flash and pushed me back against the wall, slamming my head against it and causing a sickening crack.
“Who’s law?!” I screamed back at him, ignoring the pain. “who are you to tell me what my sins are?! Who ARE you?”
“I am God you fool!” he put his hand on my shoulder, digging his razor sharp nails into my flesh and smirking as he saw the flash of pain in my eyes. “You have gone against my will! My word! Your sins must be pained for! Your disgust and filth must be stopped.”
“You’re not my God.” I said, as breathing started to become a challenge to me. “No matter who you are I will not bow down to you and say my purest and greatest love is filth. I will not worship a selfish monster, such as yourself, who calls yourself God. Maybe the world has been fooled by you’re lies but I now know the truth.” My mind was racing as the words came out of my mouth in anger and courage, standing up face to face against what the world calls their God unknowingly, and realizing that all they had believed was nothing more than a mere lie and it was just a selfish creature this whole time.
“Then you must die!” He said as he threw me across the room as if I were the weight of a doll, and letting me collide with my bed frame. I knelt hunched over on the floor, the taste of blood filling my mouth and sharp pains stabbing at my rib cage.
“You may be able to hurt me, but you can never kill me. You aren’t God, you’re nothing but a spirit of a pathetic creature.”
He snarled and gripped my chin, lifting me up as to where my feet couldn’t touch the ground. His eyes went from red to black and I could feel his anger radiate as if he was on fire. I was running out of breath and he chuckled as I struggled to inhale.
My head was feeling light and my arms and legs were thrashing and tugging at him as much as I could, maybe I was wrong, maybe he could kill me, yet I regret nothing.
As I thought my life was going to be taken from this disgusting creature that called himself Lord, he realized me and let me drop the floor, his anger burning furiously as he let out a terrifying howl and then vanished right before my eyes.
I gripped my throat and breathed rapidedly, frantically searching my room to make sure I was alone, when I got up I rushed to my car and drove to the house I feared he’d show his face in next. As I got to the house I unlocked the door with the key given to me to use during emergencies and ran inside in search of my loved one.
I found her in her room, awake and startled from the noise I was making, but perfectly fine other than that. She looked at me in worry and panic as she turned the light on and saw the injuries the monster had caused me. After much persuasion I told her not to worry and to go back to bed.
She smiled slightly and nodded as she patted the space in bed next to me, I crawled in and sighed in relief as she wrapped her arms around my waist.
“Isn’t this so perfect?” she said as she closed her eyes.
“Yes, our love is perfect and meant to be, no matter who stands in our way, we’ll prevail.” I said as I kissed her forehead and ran my hands through her hair as she drifted back off to sleep.

Posted

Hi Aubrie, your story is interesting, and you write pretty good, Laura xox

RaeAnn_Stuivenga
Posted

I loved this. It so perfectly shows who the People of the world show their God to be by how they treat us. I always say to those people, if that is who your God is, I don't want to be with him.

RaeAnn_Stuivenga
Posted

Sorry the comment posted twice so I deleted one.