CNN: Kirk Cameron says 'Homosexuality is unnatural' - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

CNN: Kirk Cameron says 'Homosexuality is unnatural'

http://youtu.be/JhGQUKoH_TE

Posted

Thats stupud i cant even see the video yet i have to wait for it to become available on my ph

Posted

You can try to see it on youtube or go to a library or a cyber cafe (with head phones) so that you can hear what he is saying. I hope that may help you?
Sincerely Andre

Posted

Who the heck is Kirk Cameron and should I care??? Bernie Huneault said homosexuality is as natural as breathing! There you go, we can all sleep better tonight. )

Posted

By the way I watched this interview with Piers Morgan and was not impressed by Kirk Cameron. He has no relevency in my life.

Posted

Just for the record homo sexuality naturaly occurs in the eild among animals such as dogs and even dolphins. So how can it be considered unnatural.

Posted

I know that, it is such a shame what out of work actors will do these days to 1) Get the attention fame they once had, 2) Support their families making up jobs for themselves as haters who claim to be Christian. An intelligent rebuttal, unbiased, and right on the every spot, I am Christian enough to accept that she doesn't believe in religions or god(s) or even a or the God. I also love her savvy!
Kirk Cameron on Homosexuality response
http://youtu.be/NGk_gysv5_E

Kirk Cameron lashed for anti-gay rant

March 5 2012 at 12:24pm

Comment on this story
kirk cameron gays

Youtube

Former ‘Growing Pains’ star Kirk Cameron angered gay rights activists when he described homosexuality as “detrimental”, but has found an unlikely champion in the form of Piers Morgan.

According to the Daily Mail, Cameron appeared on CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight show and spoke out against same-sex marriages. Cameron, who is an evangelical Christian, is the co-founder of a ministry called The Way of the Master. He also co-hosts a television show by the same name, which is broadcast on several Christian channels.

When asked by Morgan if homosexuality was a sin, the 41-year-old said: “I think that it’s unnatural. 'I think that it’s detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilisation”.

Cameron then set his sights on gay marriage.

“I believe that marriage was defined by God. Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the garden between Adam and Eve. One man, one woman for life 'til death do you part. So I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage. And I don’t think anyone else should either. So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don’t.”

Gay rights group GLAAD immediately denounced Cameron’s statements.

“In this interview, Kirk Cameron sounds even more dated than his 1980s TV character,” said Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD.

“With an increasing number of states recognizing marriage equality, Americans are seeing that marriage is about committed couples who want to make a lifelong promise to take care of and be responsible for each other and that gay and lesbian couples need equal security and legal protections.”

Morgan however, defended his guest’s viewpoint as “brave”, explaining that Cameron was “honest to what he believed in”.

Cameron became a star in the ‘80s, playing teenager Mike Seaver in the sitcom ‘Growing Pains’. In 1991, he married co-star Chelsea Noble. They have six children, four of whom were adopted.

In 2008, Cameron starred in a Christian-themed movie called Fireproof, which was a box-office hit. The film earned $33-million despite costing just $500 000 to make. - IOL
http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/kirk-cameron-lashed-for-anti-gay-rant-1.1248870

Maybe that former "teen idol" should have some "humble" pie,as in:
The Downfall Of Anita Bryant
http://youtu.be/BmJUdLUo8HQ

Posted

People are stupid.
and that video was corect when obe person is speaking for a group it makes the whole group look bad. Hes makeing all christians look bad.
He doesnt kbowwhat hes speaking about. The bible shouldnt ve taken at face value. And shouldnt christians be using the new.testement not the old one.
The new testement is the word of jesus, right?

Posted

OK, Joey, (MY Psychiatrist says he believes I love stepping in S__t!) I was quite shock, a professional man using such language and then I had to wonder to what ends, I said nothing to him at the time. Biting my tongue was the best as I good do to contain my anger and disappointment.
But I addressed in in our next visit. I, informed him that he was very wrong. I stated that "On the road of life, there are piles of it everywhere, and most of the time, the whole road is cover with it knee deep. I put forth the augment, that most people who care enough, to 1) get involved 2) speak up and say something 3) stand for something 4) refused to allow society and /or church and sometimes even family members to run over us. I also informed him that most people never mean to start something. Rosa Parks, was not about to start to start a civil rights movement, (I really don't know, but I am trying to just imagine maybe what it might had been in her shoes. I worked more hours then I can count, treated unfairly at work, I am dog tired and this person is demanding MY seat, just because the person believes that they are better then me, because they are white and I am black,...............That so is not gonna happen! Not this day, not in this heat, and not as tired as I am just because the law says it is so, doesn't make them or it right. You can read more about it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks
Basically, almost every hero either in fiction or real life, are almost always the last person you might suspect, of doing great or even dreaming of might might be, if they just say "No"
This includes, Jesus Christ, Joan of Arc, Mother Teresa, Gandhi, George Washington Carver (January 1864 – January 5, 1943) and so on and there are many others we may never know about.
The smallest most unlikely humble creature, almost always turns out to be the hero, where as almost, but not always, the opposite can be said of the bad and evil people in the world.
In as far as MY opinion and from my experiences is that (I understand your logic because I thought the same thing once)
While Christians, may lean and learn and quote the New Testament sometimes more then the old, we must (again my opinion) or should always acknowledge, the old as a "foundation" just like in a building for the new one cannot exist without the other. And the old validates the new as well as tells us the how and why Jesus is who we believe Him to be. Here's an example: Psalm 22:16
New International Version (©1984)
Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet.

New Living Translation (©2007)
My enemies surround me like a pack of dogs; an evil gang closes in on me. They have pierced my hands and feet.

English Standard Version (©2001)
For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet—

Now many people have issues, with this text some say that this has nothing to do with Christ and the Crucifixion, others however believe that it does, you could say, it is a matter of faith.

The other proof that the old validates the new That is why there are the long lists of the family trees of the people involved. Almost as long as most people claim my responses are.

Here is a link where you can see why the past is just as important as the new.

http://ldolphin.org/2adams.html

Sep 26, 2008 – This is a variant of the quote attributed to George Santayana-"Those who are ... If you want to know your past, look into your present conditions. ... time, you don't know where you're going until you know where you've been".

Most religions, begin with the Old Testament, among them the Hebrew faith, the Islam Faith and the Christian faith and maybe others that I am not aware about.

I hope this has in some way been of help to you, if you believe it has, or if you have more questions, feel free to ask me. Please note, I do not know everything but I am a pretty good researcher and will try my best to find you the answers to your questions.
Peace be with you
With love In Our Lord and prayers in the same your brother in Christ:
Anthony of Portsmouth+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted

Just wanted to corect you rosa parks intinaly did what she did to nake a statement and it worked she was with sone group i cant remember it. Sorry. I like history lol

Posted

Did I mention how much I hate being wrong?

Rosa Louise McCauley Parks (February 4, 1913 – October 24, 2005) was an African-American civil rights activist, whom the U.S. Congress called "the first lady of civil rights", and "the mother of the freedom movement".[1]

On December 1, 1955 in Montgomery, Alabama, Parks refused to obey bus driver James F. Blake's order that she give up her seat to make room for a white passenger. Parks' action was not the first of its kind to impact the civil rights issue. Others had taken similar steps, including Lizzie Jennings in 1854, Homer Plessy in 1892, Irene Morgan in 1946, Sarah Louise Keys in 1955, and Claudette Colvin on the same bus system nine months before Parks, but Parks' civil disobedience had the effect of sparking the Montgomery Bus Boycott.

Parks' act of defiance became an important symbol of the modern Civil Rights Movement and Parks became an international icon of resistance to racial segregation. She organized and collaborated with civil rights leaders, including boycott leader Martin Luther King, Jr., helping to launch him to national prominence in the civil rights movement.

At the time of her action, Parks was secretary of the Montgomery chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and had recently attended the Highlander Folk School, a Tennessee center for workers' rights and racial equality. Nonetheless, she took her action as a private citizen "tired of giving in". Although widely honored in later years for her action, she suffered for it, losing her job as a seamstress in a local department store. Eventually, she moved to Detroit, Michigan, where she found similar work. From 1965 to 1988 she served as secretary and receptionist to African-American U.S.

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks

Although I will give way that, like many legends, some things will be known as a fact, others as here say.

Posted

Oops! I love history also.

Dale_Lee_Masters
Posted

Question:

How can anyone claim to be a Christian if they don't follow the teachings of Christ?

Posted

Because people have different perspectives and interpretations of the bible and Christianity. There are so many religions that profess to be Christian so you can shop around and look for one that supports your views for example the United church accepts homosexuasl as clergy while the Roman Catholics will tell us we are going to hell..lol..the Baptists and all the varieties of evangelical churches would say the same..lol. I believe that Christ was all accepting of us gays so I just ignore the ones who say different like Cameron. People like him believe the Bible takes precedents over the teachings of Christ. They just twist Christ's teachings to validate their beliefs. Its all so perverse.