Just a foot note - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

Just a foot note:
I would ask that no one here feel fear or pity for me on any account. I just feel that I should let you know the following. I write my responses as best I can, however I am fighting extreme and chronic illnesses as I do, hence the many typos. I have been living with HIV/AIDS since prolly 1982. when I left the east coast and came to California. Maybe I should have stayed in my home state but the boredom and hypocrisy was killing me not to mention the humidity. To the best of my knowledge I have also been living with (since 20 years ago when diagnosed) Meningoencephalitis. I have been living the life of a celibate for the last 9-10 years, with much joy, (Yes I miss love, but the Drama was really bad) and peace. I spend most of my days alone, since most of my formal friends are under strict orders from their wives not to have anything to do with me whatsoever, on pain of divorce. As for my family they have never been very big fans of mine, noting that I have always been a very singularly anomaly since childbirth. On my family "tree" I am the "branch" they have cut off.
And that's quite OK. I was not about to embrace their hate and bigotry as my own, or to cuss every third or forth word, or even to have a southern drawl or to dare to be proud of being prejudice against others for what ever reasons, and believe me, my family thought they had plenty. I know that there was something else i wanted to share, but as I am running a fever (LOL! Now I remember!) I have been fighting colon rectal cancer for the last 15 years. So I am made of some pretty stern stuff, but the reason for me sharing this, is to apologize, for many grammar and spelling mistakes. Yes I do have a spell checker, but they can only go so far, i.e. they can not handle a word like "Meningoencephalitis" "Encephalitis is an acute inflammation of the brain. Encephalitis with meningitis is known as meningoencephalitis. Symptoms include headache, fever, confusion, drowsiness, and fatigue. More advanced and serious symptoms include seizures or convulsions, tremors, hallucinations, and memory problems." source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalitis. I also have a calcified clot in one of the lower chambers of my heart, but that's nether here or there. In any case, I ask that you pardon, my errors as I write responses to you, I am doing the very best that I can. Thank you.
Andre~
PS, I may have gotten meningoencephalitis, because even through I knew I was at risk treating patients in hospitals and in their homes with a compromise immune system, I continued to work. Until my t-cell count fell below 150 and started to black out or faint on the job from fatigue. 1990 http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003516.htm Thank you for your kindness and understanding.

Posted

Hey Andre,

Your spelling is way better (while on drugs) then folks like me (not on drugs....... usually) .

You are always kind
You show compassion
You are passionate
Your words always lead
Your word

Posted

(Oops, hit the wrong button)
As I was saying...
Your words help heal.
You are an amazing man of God who's not afraid to share.
I have been blessed to call you friend.

Posted

P.S. I have say this dude, OHHHHH MMYYYYYYYYY GOOSSSSHHHHHHHH!

Posted

I promise, I only take the Drugs that are prescribed except, when I play chess with the Devil, i.e., after surgery 1/31/12, I refused to allow myself pain medication, in fact I ask the Pharmacist to shred it. It was for Vicodin. I did well! the devil and death both lost. It isn't over yet, I have a feeling that they want a rematch. Can you believe they think I cheated! Jessh, Just because I love and believe in Christ! The nerve of them. : ) Now a song from a unexpected source in memory of a falling sister, whom we will always remember and love.
Love is never easy:
for you DD
GLEE - Full Performance of "I Will Always Love You" airing TUE 2/14
http://youtu.be/_kZO6smypHw
With love Anthony of Portsmouth++++++++++++++++++++

Posted

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

Posted

“When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you... When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you... When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you... Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.” Unknown authour

Posted

I hope you (al) like this song and you too DD
Celtic Woman - You Raise Me Up
Youtube

http://youtu.be/Yfwlj0gba_k

Posted

"Experience is a brutal teacher but you learn,
My God do you learn!"
C.S. Lewis

Andre, that was beautiful! Thank you so much for such incredible support. It's as if you hover and know things, I.e, what I am thinking and feeling, my private struggles and emotional pain. Do you have the direct 1800 Call-God line?

Posted

Actually I asked Him about that once, and He smile, and joked, that He didn't want to bust my bubble, but that He talks to all of His children all the time, and many do not wish to hear what He has to say. So they Drink and do drugs and do all sorts of destructive Acts because that can not accept the simple truth, It is beyond their means or scope of understanding; "Romans 8:38-39

New International Version (NIV)
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Footnotes: Romans 8:38 Or nor heavenly rulers

Posted

A good place to check out if you are in LA (I really do know-I haven't been there)
but just in case you are in LA and might be interested then here.
http://projectservicela.org/2011/03/video-overview/