Niamh_Mulvany

Shyness - Lesbian Ladies

Niamh_Mulvany
Posted

Any good tips on combating shyness? Was at the pub last night and there's this really cute bar maid but I couldn't even order drinks from her never mind anything else. Studpid shyness keeps getting in the way!!!

Posted

take a mate with you? they're usually a good influence. i could use some of this advice too, i always shy away from girls :/

Niamh_Mulvany
Posted

They were too busy laughing at my awkwardness to be of any help or influence

Nikki_Flint
Posted

For me shyness felt like a roller coaster. There was this gradual build up in a situation then my mind went into overload with the effect leaving me unable to interact at all. One of the key things for me was to work in small steps and see small successes which helped my confidence. A couple of girls on here also helped me by having conversations where I could explore the way I would have liked to act and they responded with their thoughts.

Posted

@Niamh i'm shocked, how rude! bring someone that is a good influence on you @Nikki i overthink it as well :/ small success such as what though?

Nikki_Flint
Posted

Simple things like, saying hello or even looking to catch her eye. I needed to overcome the urge to look away and then run out, so even the act of making eye contact and not running was a good step.

Niamh_Mulvany
Posted

See I'm fine talking to girls when it's not face to face and girls that Im not interested in or who I know are say straight or taken. The problem is when there's possibility of being successful or rejected.
@ Lisa. I can't really blame them, every time the poor girl came round to clear the table I was going bright pink. Then there were those awkward moments when they were trying to be encouraging and she'd walk past as I was talking about her, total embarrassment. I'm sure she thinks I'm some psycho now lol!

Posted

Well just go to the bar, make it a regular and just give her the eye / look too show that your interested, just build it up. The more you go too the bar, the more mates you'll find / hang out with, become more relaxed around and more relaxed being there and things will happen, but things take time

Deyna_Speirs
Posted

To overcome my shyness i just usually smile at them and if they smile back just greet them or whatever

Posted

@Niamh I totally feel you. Sometimes it feels like shyness runs your life. but i guess if i were to really get over this problem, i'd just walk by, say hi and make small talk. if the awkward silence comes around, i'll just take my leave. of course, its easier said than done.