Ailean_Ross

we wont skirt around the issue of uniforms - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

this item came up in england and scotland last year, where young boys wished to be able to wear skirts to school. In 2011 nov, Luca Scarbello ,13, lodged a petition calling for an end to gender specific uniforms in schools.
The public petitions committee is considering the proposals by the teenager who attends St Mungo's RC High school in Falkirk, which could see boys being allowed to wear skirts.
The country's commissioner for young people has stated the "issue raises some important children rights issues", specific to gender uniforms or dress codes which can cause serious distress in gender-variant pupils.
What do you guys think, do you agree with the proposal or not?

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

if thay can where a kilt why not a skirt

Posted

If females nay wear skirts males should ve avle to as well. And if males are able to wear slacks fenales should be aloud to as well. Its discrimibation otherwise. No matter how you cutt it.

And I dont agree with the whole aspect of uniforms anyway.

Posted

@Dean Hargreaves: I'm sorry but if we did not worry about individual rights we would not have a better society, because specific gtoup of peoplecwould have all terghs an power. We need an equal balance i think.
I am not trying to put the spotlight on you but i simply dissagree. I am sorry. :/

David_Dubber
Posted

I so agree with post of Dean's posts. However, if a boy would allowed to wear a skirt to school can you imagine the ridicule that he would suffer?

John_Williams_60484
Posted

I just can't see it myself, a boy wanting to wear a dress! The bullying that they would suffer

Posted

I guess I agree with dean.... but what is the skirt wearing guy going to wear under that skirt...... inquiring minds want to know...! ? *

Posted

@Dean Hargreaves: Im not saying to let terrorists out ib pyblic. Im saying the country needs an ewual balance of power and that everyone should not be subject to gender roles. If we dont let everyone have equal rights and we drive on the right side ogmf the rode. Just like during the civil rights african americans did not have the same rights as caulusasian american. This is discriminatiob just as well a woman can wear a skirt ib a uniforn school but a man cant. Judt like a white person could use any public washroom he saw fit but a black persin could not do so.

@David Dubber: Anyone that foes anything against society's norms will be ridiculed. Thats judt how the world is. And there is nothing anyone can do to change that. Its sad but true.

@Jerry Carter: If it were alowed they would have to wear underwear just like any femalebwould have to. It would be made into the dress code.

Posted

i agree with dean

Posted

@Lerel Ashley: The problem with Dean's point of view is, not focusing on Individual's rights cause ls terorism and revolution. To create change of course. Think of humanity for a moment.

Posted

i am but theres a fine line between everyones own individualism and freedom for all but jus cause one person makes a decison doesnt mean everyone has to follow that also thats why people always fight and controversy over freedom its jus a diverse conversion that can go either way u think of it and some make useof it while others abuse it some ppl should put other ppl first myviews arent the same as urs are like if i said old people shouldnt have sex with kids that are 49yrs younger but u might see that different as everyone should like who they like love has no age limit

Posted

@Lerel Ashley: What i am saying is to have a choice to be able to dress like a male or a female rven in a uniforn school. Im not saying maled must but they should be able if to if they want to and like wise for females. Now what do you think of my point of view?

Posted

yeah they can choose to im jus saying if they di have to make a decision it shouldnt have the whole congregation to have to suffer through it like one team mate makes a mistake the whole team suffers together

Posted

@Lerel Ashley: Its not a mistake though how eould it make peiple suffer by giving a choice. And geting away from gender roles?

Posted

yea u have a point and thats what i mean a choice but if people rebel against it then its gonna fail but i was using that team thing as an example

Posted

@: Lerel Ashley: Oh okay and the fact that people may rebel and probably will is a result of ANY change but we have to acept that to get equal right otherwise what is the point?

Posted

well,guys interesting points of view.
The discussion taken on its own gives one point of view to possible legislation, at the moment dress code in schools in Scotland & the rest of the UK, is down to the education council boards, and also heads of schools,certain garments can be banned, and school pupils are not required by law to wear a uniform.
When the discussion is taken in context with other LGBT legislation, and anti-gay bullying legislation in schools, the discussion takes on a larger overall picture, at the moment the Equality-network, and Stonewallscotland, along with the youth parliament is pressing for better rights for all in the LGBT community,including same-sex marriage.
Also you have to understand that just as banning the belt in scotland, and the cane in england, this type of legislation can have profound implications in modern day society.
Dean, as for terrorism, i dont know of any pink activists in the LGBT, who are running around causing terror alerts, well,mabey love alerts, guys fantasizing about making out with younger guys, like you dean, i know you have a lot of admirers.
As for gender-variant persons wearing skirts, etc, we already have seen that for a long time, in my younger days, i looked good in a mini.
But think, transsexuals/transgenders, are a part of our society,whatever you think about that, and they should be able to wear clothing without derision, insults, and threats of abuse.
Society is changing, who knows what society will be like in 10years time, i hope it will be more open, and everyone will have equal rights.
One final point, the proposal came from an RC, that means Roman-Catholic, whose church and Religion is leading the fight worldwide against LGTB rights, even using underhand tatics of transferring LGTB supporters names onto their anti-gay petitions, but in Scotland, in the Same-sex marriage consultation, where over 50,000 online petitions signatures were done by the supporters of equal marriage, the Scottish Govt, and Scottish Press caught them, which resulted in that the Catholic church being given the ratio of 16,000 anti names-1online petition of support for the legislation.The consultation process is now underway in the rest of the UK.
And even if you never intend to use the Law, or Legislation, support all of it and get involved, for other less fortunate members of the gay community.
On facebook, in scotland, look for Equal-marriage, join the group and get involved, there is no doubt a same group in the USA, and Denmark is also going to pass legislation on same-sex marriage.
At the end of the day, its your decision, after all its your lifestyle thats affected.

Posted

Well i agree with Dean, What a load of Rubbish, A Boy Wearing a Skirt 2 School, We hav the Girl's allowed 2 wear a Slack's 2 School and that's Cool with everyone, But u can just imagne a Boy in a Skirt in School, What kind of Bullying would he go Through.

John_Williams_60484
Posted

Too right Richard,

Posted

well richard its already happened in 2 schools, one in england in kent, and the other in scotland in falkirk, and no bullying or taunting happened in the schools.
the boys wore skirts to school on hot summer days, they felt cooler,some air between there legs, cooling them.

Posted

@Dean Hargreaves: Foot ball is just a game. Look at the rights of african americans until the 70s they didnt have any hardly and women at wlone time could not vote. That was discrimination. Was it not?!?! Nect you may try to use a crime such as homicide, asault, etc.. dont use those for the simple act that it harms people where as geting rid of gender roles hurts no one. Yes done people would be ridiculed but anyone that doesnt folow societys norms is ridiculed. It doesnt matter what norm is not being folowed ridicule will be there waiting.
Make since now dean?

John_Williams_60484
Posted

Joey, everyone seems to be saying the same thing here, everyone has a given right to put there views across, what most have been saying was the bullying that would be given to the individual in this instance would outway any idea of equal rights over a boy wearing a skirt. I just can't see in my mind anyone wanting to put them selves through that. If you read what Dean is saying, he is making a point that's all, same as us and yourself.

Posted

okay i think i shouldnt have mention the football thing i think we all need to calm down okay so to and undestanding joey believes what he does and so does Dean.
there are some things joey is right about and so is dean indefinitely but the government does see the card both ways all the time depending on who played them ya know? i think the governent is stupid i dont like it i think they base themselves around world dominaton which is why most ppl cant get their points of change across

Posted

and i also agree with the other comments too bullying i on the rise for killing gay teens now its got to stop cyber bullying and bullying is gonna get these kids hurt and thats the point den is trying to make hes not lookin at us individual hes seein both points of view but jus through protection i think?

Posted

and i also agree with the other comments too bullying i on the rise for killing gay teens now its got to stop cyber bullying and bullying is gonna get these kids hurt and thats the point dean is trying to make hes not lookin at us individual hes seein both points of view but jus through protection i think?