Travis_Mamone

Wanting to run back in the closet? - The Gay Christian Network

Travis_Mamone
Posted

Hello everyone. I don't know if this is a normal part of the coming out process, but I recently came out as bisexual. My progressive Christian friends are proud of me, but my more conservative friends (including my fiancee Amy) are concerned. They're not being malicious or anything, but they believe I should ask God to overcome my same-sex feelings. So I'm thinking, "Gee, maybe I shouldn't have said anything. Maybe I should stay in the closet."

What do you think?

Lily_Oreos
Posted

Hello Travis . Well i am kinda in ur position so i understand imean i cant tell my dad caz of his arabic culture and of course he'll b mentioning God too. These are feelings or temptations that u cant really control or change just because of someone's opinion. And they need to learn to accept u as long as ur fiancee knoes about it then thats the important part because she should b the closest.one to u . But as for telling others then u should tell gradually like dnt throw a big bomb at everybody lol caz they might b against u but if u are sure and confident about being bisexual then screw theiropinion !

Hollie_Findley
Posted

Travis,
I was in your position when I first came out which 10 years ago(I was 16) I struggled very hard because I believed in God and didn`t want to go to Hell. I was taught that being Gay was a sin and you would go to hell for it. Yet at the same time I couldn`t help but feel attracted to other females. I prayed many nights until God spoke to my heart, I realized I was born this way. Others will not always understand you, even your best friends. You gotta go with whats in your heart, and only you will know that. I`m glad I came out when I did, now I can be who I really am and not be ashamed of it. Only problem is it`s hard finding someone who share the interest of Believing in God and being homosexual. I`m new to this site and I`m hoping to make friends.

Jon_Roberts
Posted

God is love. That's the most important verse in the Bible for me. I filter the world through a lens of love and if it doesn't fit it's not for me. Seldom do I discover an organized church whic h practises love. Self-hate grows like a wildfire. Love yourself and your Deity enough to trust your natural feelings. Keep it real. I started following my own advice in 1978 with wonderful results. If God is love why do you, a so-called Christian, spout so much hate?

Posted

ever since i came out when i was 16 my grandmother on my fathers side told me that i was going to hell for being gay. I started going to church about a year ago and I've had to deal with a lot of the people not being comfortable with it, or throwing bible verses in my face and such. I've been out and proud for 3 years but recently I have been thinking that it would be best to stop going to church, i don't want to stop going to church. my pastor told me that he wouldn't baptize me because i was gay, and that it wasn't right. Any other advice on what i should do?

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

D..I believe I have said this to you before in another discussion...I would look up M.C.C. in your area and go there...They baptize and help with coping with being gay and the church...Don't ever quit going to church just find one that you and learn from and be help with the things that are going on with you in life...There is also alot of nice people that go there...

Posted

thank you again Michael, hopefully i will be moving out of state to go to school, so as soon as i find out if ive been accepted then i will start to look for a new church, as for now i will stay with the same church.

Posted

thank you again Michael, hopefully i will be moving out of state to go to school, so as soon as i find out if ive been accepted then i will start to look for a new church, as for now i will stay with the same church.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Hi D
Were do you thnk you will be moving to...If you like I can check the web site for a M.C.C. in you there...but remember were ever you or what church you attend God is always there for you...and so am I...

Posted

Travis,

I applaud you for speaking your truth. Please don't let other people's belief doubt your decision to live out loud. I know how some belive what they are taught by religious views is the infalable word of God, however, it's just that...VIEWS. We all have them and I'm sure they mean well but in the end, it's your conscious you have to answer to. Your conscious /God is your guide... not people.

I once heard a quote that went like this, "What other people think of you is none of YOUR business". So true, so true!

Blessings on stanging strong in your truth.

Light!