Ailean_Ross

well not that much happening.................... - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

well over here in scotland gay rights on equal marriage is continuing as it has, and tommorrow on valentines day a march, from the centre of edinburgh to the scottish parliament for couples is taking place, all various groups in the lgtb, will be represented, and the scottish youth parliament, with the students, and also straights, who support equal marriage rights, will be there.
My daughter is also going, thank god i am not?
On the news the three asians who were handing out leaflets of hate against the lgbt community in england were sentenced, and sent to jail last week.
And on bbc alba, on the programme eorpa, a news current affairs programme for the gaelic community, there was an item which dealt with hate crime against the gay community in turkey, and how in the last year 30,000 gays, lesbians & transgenders were murdered by there own families in honour killings.
Also discussed on this programme with a muslim cleric, was how the perceptions of ordinary muslims viewed the lgtb community with hatred.
And lambda organisation was calling for unity to stop these killings, and a new film about the murder of a gay man, was also talked about.
The film is called zenne dancer.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

It seem`s to not be not so good new`s, Alan. But we all of us,must continue
the Fight,to the Bitter end, What ever it take`s. lol. Tommy, xxx

Posted

well on the political front in scotland tommy, legislation could take 3yrs, and i am in for the long run.
on the turkish issue, attention needs to be brought about that situation, because turkey, and other muslim countries, and also russia, over the next few years will want closer ties with europe, and will have to sign equal rights accords to join the EEC.
But even if these goverments sign, the muslim faith will just ignore human rights issues, and continue as before.
What is needed, is economic pressure to be brought to bear on these countries, which abuse lgtb rights, and any other human rights as well.
But then this is also a problem even in the USA, just look at prop 8, and equal marriage legislation in the USA right now.
At least over here we dont have to carry arms around with us, even if some over here wish they could.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

At one time Alan,China was the big Bogy Man,of the World,where Human Right`s
are concurned. Is it still the same there, ??, or, has there been,any Improvement there at all ??. I also know that the fight in these other country`s
will be vary hard and long,but as long as we all stick together,then it might take
a vary long time but we will win in the end. Tommy.