AUGUST 22, 2010 Topic of the Day = LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT - Looking for LOVE!!!

Raul_Gon

Posted

So i am a very thoughtful person i should say...and always have questions about things i don't completely understand or know anything about...i tend to keep asking until i am satisfied with an answer...and i am never embarrassed to ask anything because i feel i have to know and theres nothing wrong with learning something new no matter the subject...so to help myself and others who might be embarrassed to ask or accept something i will start something called TOPIC OF THE DAY...I'm just looking for your view on things and opinions on things that can clarify my question or someone else's...it'll be an open discussion but just respect everyones opinion please and im not too worried about that on this website OK lets get started

AUGUST 22, 2010 Topic of the Day = LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

Do you think it is real or not? i have never fallen in love at first sight and have met people that say they have but i am not sure if it's real love they talk about or just infatuation. Share your story or your opinion

Posted

I can't say I've ever fallen in love at first sight.. but lust at first sight, yes, 1000 times. Depends on how you define 'love' I guess. I think we can be excited by the POSSIBILITY of love with someone we're attracted to, but I dont know if you can call that 'love' until some time has passed and it becomes more than a sexual thing (if it's mutual). But I cant speak for everybody - I'd like to hear from some of those people who say they have fallen in Love at first sight, if they're sure it's more than just lust.

Posted

I personally think that love at first sight is real.. i have yet to experience it but i cant wait until some day when i do! perhaps my opinion is one sided though since i am a total sap and a hopeless romantic ha

Posted

yeah i keep thinking is lust or infatuation...soo im not a big believer of love at first sight but im looking for someone to really convince me its real or convince me its not...

Posted

I do believe in love at first sight.. It happened to me, and luckily this guy is also a bi.We decided to give it try and fortunately, things turned out fine. We still do love each other for more than 8 years now, in spite of the fact that i have to leave him back home coz of my work here in the US.Thanks to the web, the technology, we do keep in touch almost everyday... I am looking forward for the day that same sex marriage will be legalized/recognized as the the traditional marriage does so i can petition him to join me here and start a new life here in the US... If it does happen, i cud say, i must be the luckiest person on earth! .

Posted

I think love at first site is real...but never happened to me...I agree with Eric...there's a fine line between LOVE and LUST...Love is something that once you have...its a work in progress by both. One must continue to nurture, because if its neglected...it dies..

Kenneth_Breedlove
Posted

I know it is lust always but sometime it is love late sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rickie_White
Posted

i agree with (sal man) there lust and that what i had and ther is love ///
i was with the sane man for 32 years until he passway went we got togather i lust for him god he was beautiful . but as we date i fell in love with him and you know it and you will have until you die i and cry in now thank you

thank you love richard

Posted

yeah so i guess its really hard to decide whther its real or not unless it happens to you...thanks everyone for sharing your thughts and stories! this is exactly what im looking for in my daily topics...i wanna learn and whats better than to learn from people who have experienced it!

love webs

Posted

Yes. It has happened to me and am still in an open relationship with him. We can not be exclusive for some reasons. Maybe when you first see the person you feel a strong attraction ( as opposed to lust)... and when one of you make the initail effort to act on it and you get to know each other you find that everything is just right? Do I beleive in love at first sight? I do! I still believe in magic man! I have too. If you don't, in this utterly jaded world?, what else is there to look forward too?

Posted

Well you can still believe in love without believing in love at first sight.. maybe I'm just jaded but I'll believe it when it happens to me.

Posted

Hi,
Love at first sight? Well that could go in many different ways. I remember my VERY first partner. I had just came out of treatment in '79, looking just for a roommate, this guy came over to look at the room (had a 2 bed room apt.) well anyway we were just roommates to begin with, and things started to happen, I was cooking for him, doing his laundery, and so on. Well one night i was watching HBO and he came and sat down next to me, I knew thier was something their, but wasnt sure what, well as time went along things started happening, we were kissing off and on, hugging each other, until we finally ended up in bed one night, well rest of the story goes on that we be came partners. Well one night I got a phone call that he had been killed in a car accident. that just tore me up. It took along time for me to be close to someone. I am single again, my (know ex) found someome else to support him.
If you find someone you like take time to get to know each other, dont just jump in bed with anyone, take your time to get to know him, I this esnt what he wants will I dont think he would be the right peson.
Terry

Posted

Yikes.. Well I cant disagree with your last sentence, but for you was it love at first sight, or did the love only come with familiarity + reciprocity?
And for my sake, should I hold off on sex with anybody till I get to know them, does it really always ruin your chances at developing a relationship if you have sex too soon? What if I'm not suited to be with anybody, Do I then forgo sex forever till I die because I never found the right person? I'm really starting to wonder.

Posted

Well i'm older than that. It's not that I want one night stands, i'd prefer a relationship if I can get it, but if not...