Homer_Bozarth

i hate HP - Gay Guys! <3

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i hate HP because my web cam stopped working and HP made the statement: you need to pay $59.99 before we can help you get your web cam working again

Dave_Mack
Posted

It MAY be a drivers issue. May I suggest you remove the drivers, Be sure (if you know how) to edit the registry and remove anything refering to it. A clue might be if you have that as the ONLY HP item remove any mentions of HP in the registry.(Back up the registry before you edit it...just in case).
Then reboot and reinstall the software. If that doesnt do it I suggest just get another Webcam. They are cheap (Less than $50) and its better to do that than waste $$ on tech support. Also check the USB plug and make sure its OK. Use another USB port and see if that helps..

Hope these suggestions help.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i know it is but i tried every thing but nothing works. my technition was at my house and he could not figure it out. i did every thing you told me to do Dave. the only difference is i did it 6 times and still nothing works

gstanescu84
Posted

What exactly is the issue with ur webcam. Ensure all your Windows Updates is up to date, your HP Update program shouild help you with the webcam, if the webcam is built in, you should ne able to use HP Update to update the laptop webcam etc.,

Dave_Mack
Posted

Homer is it BUILT IN or thru a USB port? Laptoop or desktop?
How long since it worked? What did you do that caused it to STOP? If it is plugged intoa USB port try it on another machine..

Dennis_Mix
Posted

If it is built in I would say if nothing works to get a web cam and use USB port and forget the other one.

Alfawolf

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I agree with Dennis. I had the same problems once and I did exactly what Dennis suggested.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Homer, i hope that it get`s all soughted out there, ( when you do,can you how you did it ). lol.

Posted

Hi Homer, I had a prob with my Anti Virus with HP, I contacted HP (big mistake), they did fix it for me, but the Manager of the store where i bought my PC told me once i contacted HP, They now have taken my Licence off the store owner, and now any prob's i get i have 2 go through HP. Now that really Suck's.

Posted

i just got a new laptop hp it works beautifull i dont register with hp i got 3 yrs warenty parts and labor at best by store with it 15.4 /6 g ram with 750 hard drive you can see free movie at movie 1 channel but if you get in use[ put locker] to stream the movie

Posted

my friend fix it for me i was surprise he knew so mutch about a comp he install all my driver and all

Posted

i had avast anti virus he said it as an anti virus with google crome i never new that i have hdmi on my tv now i can use it as a monitor its only 32 inches panasonic sterio but im thinking of bying a 50 inches tv i might as well spoil myself i cannot take it in the grave the money
i have a desktop also hp i never had problem with it and its old it as only 1 g ram in it but its slow

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

the web cam is not built in. every thing is up to date on it but the warrenty has ran out on the computer. because of the warrenty issue, i can no0t get the cam to work. it is a simple problem but HP will not walk me through it till i pay them $59.99. i do not have that kind of money at this time so i will have to live with it.

Dave_Mack
Posted

The COMPUTER warrenty is not the issue. Sounds like something is messed up in the OS (Windows) and not the hardware. Homer Email me with a way to contact you off site and maybe I can help you.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

Dave, I hope you can fix this for Homer. I hate to,watch him suffer!

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

lol thanks tim lol

gstanescu84
Posted

WE'd all hate for Homer or you Timothy too to suffer.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

Homer did you try to uninstall and re install That is what I did on mine it helped me to get things working. in mine. I hope it will help you

Alfawolf

Posted

Homer i can roll over it with a Tank if u Like

Timothy_Brown
Posted

Thanks George and Richard!

gstanescu84
Posted

Ur welcome Timothy. mmm

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I love Richard's idea!

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I love my HP it is the best computer on the market I used others and always come back to my HP it is the best out there

Alfawolf

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

lol @ richard, only if you were here sexy lol. @ Dennis, i tried every thing that i can think of. i am sorry i have not been on line i just got my phone turn back on today. @ george, your way to sexy baby

gstanescu84
Posted

Thanks Homer. Ur pretty cool urself