Carl_Gruel

Proposition 8 ruled unconstitutional by 9th Circuit panel in California - Gay Guys! <3

Carl_Gruel
Posted

It is now legal again for same sex couples to get married in California.

http://www.prop8trialtracker.com/

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Hi,there,
I know that i Live in the U.K, but still,that is still Great New`s, tho. lol.

Posted

i thought it was already legal...but well it's great to know...

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

well guy s its not leagle yet it was just ruled unconstitutional dont mean its leagle and iam sghure a stay will be put in place making it still illeagle to wed the question is why it was unconstutional and if prop 8 need to be rewritten to comply
people keep jumping over this and yet its just 1 steep forward out of many we dont have same sex marriage here in ct we have same sex unions with is the same, for marriage is a religous thing and unions are a state thing but the benifits are the same except for federal

Dave_Mack
Posted

I have been listening to Michaelangelo Signorile on Sirius/XM's OUTQ (Satellite Radio and also on the net). Right now nothing happens as the decission has been stayed. This allows (unfortunately) the PROP 8 proponents to appeal to wither the full 9th circuit court OR the US Supreme Court. This could go either way, Its clear this is shaping up in an elction year that WILL be used as weapon by the republicons! So far President Obama has said nothing. he is "STILL EVOLVING" (his way of not putting himself on the line with the election coming up).

There are many sites of information. I urge everyone to just take a minute and see how this plays out. Try to avoid the right wing nutty sites as they will bend this to meet their skrewey agenda.

Mitt Romney is attacking the President claiming Obama is FOR marriage equality yet Obaman has said NOTHING! Romney has flip flopped on this issue since he ran against Ted Kennedy.

As it looks now, barring something very unforseen the president WILL be relected. God help the WORLD if either Gingrich or Romney were to win!

Lastly as California goes so goes the nation. If this is settled in our favour, and I think sooner than later it will be then DOMA's nationwide will fall..

Posted

well this is gonna go on forever...the fight against homophobia will never end...but for now let's be happy that we're allowed to marry in the beautiful state of California...lol...

gstanescu84
Posted

So it was the State of California, the state that was so conroversaila. As I said in my status on FB, I'm delighted for you guys. Its official, that the USA is the Gay capital of the world.

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

hold onit still not leagle in cali to get married you all sound like let go get married itsd NOT theres a stay in place no one can till it is settled in court you got a long way to go

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

buy the way dave obama is not for same sex marriage thay got him on film from his first campan and buy the way i dont see the bible belt voting on it any time real soon

Dave_Mack
Posted

Agreed Tachuwe

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Tach when it is legal in the bible belt can I bring you to Va and Marry you....LOL...

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

why its leagle where iam at now

Gene_Brink
Posted

My daughter and her partner were married in CA during the interval when it was legal. It may seem like slow progress to some, but it is quite amazing what is happening state by state. I'd like to live long enough to see gay marriage recognized by the federal government.

Posted

that's a long run Gene...but we'll get there eventually...don't you worry...

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

no Tach not in Va...

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

but iam not in va iam in ct

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

All you have to do Tach is move here...LOL...to cold there now for me...

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

ya but you can keep warm ....lol

gstanescu84
Posted

I thought Connecticut is not Gay Marriage legasiied yet?

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

I can only be warm if you are in my arms Tach....