red56disney

I have no gaydar - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

Hey everyone I am kinda new to the whole lesbian thing I mean I've known for a while but I really have no clue. I have no idea how to tell another girl is gay at all unless there is something obvious like a really butch butch girl. Can someone please tell how you can spot other gay girls. Please

Kahlene_Lambden
Posted

I am the same! plz help! I like quite femme girls so its really hard to tell.

Posted

Ugh I know, if only we had like a hand signal or something. Can never tell. :/

Nikki_Flint
Posted

That's a toughie. I, like my girlfriend Terri are both very girly and I had no idea she was gay until she said so over lunch. So, on the premis that you are not going to know unless it comes out in conversation, the chances of picking up on signals is quite slim. Sure, the odd wink or flirt will help but often the only course of action is to increase the likelihood of her being gay. What this means is identifying the places that gays frequent as the likely percentage shoots up, or perhaps wearing a rainbow badge or something that other gays can pick up on - maybe silly, maybe not. I'm kinda fishing for ideas at this point.

Posted

Err.... I think it partly depends where you're looking. Well, I started chatting to this las for a bit, we became good friends, I had no idea that she was gay, but as we got too know each other we just got closer. There was no need for either of us too say that we're both gay, stuff just happened, go with the flow, see what comes / what happens and take it from there really.
If I'm totally honest, my gaydar works for men, but not necessarily women so I just see how things go, take each day as it comes. If anything progresses / happens then it happens, if not then in my opinion, you either have a good friend at the end of it, if not then it's an experiance, not too 'beat yourself up about', just an experiance. You'll find your perfect las someday, love can't be rushed. There is no text book / manual to love and finding the perfect girl / identifying whether she's gay or not, it just happens. You'll find out in time.

Nikki_Flint
Posted

I can't help but agree with you Kate, well said

Posted

Thanks

Posted

Yeah it can be pretty tough, although I have to admit, I have pretty good gaydar. I seem to just know. Didn't before though. It happened after I came out. I guess i just started to consciously read body language.
I was talking to some people about it and one trick that my friend uses (it works really well) is to see what they are looking at. Whether they are focusing more on guys or girls. What way they are and what parts of those people If your not sure, you could always bring up your own sexuality or if your not comfortable, anything about LGBT and see how they react. If your looking for clear signs, the stereo types sometime work. You know, flannel, combat boots, partly shaved head on one side, rainbow gear. Although I wouldn't rely on those. Stereotypes happen for a reason but it doesn't always mean they are true. When me and my friend were in montreal, she was getting hit on non stop because of her obnoxious rainbow wear, and she's just a straight girl who really likes rainbows. Sorry for not being much help. I think that you just have to get a feel for it. The more exposure you get the more likely that you'll be able to pick them out. all though we gays are really good at blending in. So much so, it can be annoying. In short I'd go with Kate's advice. It will happen eventually. You don't need to rush. Good luck.

Lea_1992
Posted

I'm the same, thanks for all the advice guys