It is too depressing - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

I have read loads and loads of comments on Gays.com. Nearly all of them are from guys who are lonely and trying to find a partner and sound desperate. Other are moaning about being alone. It is not just those who want older or younger than them, it is all guys.

It makes me realise that being gay really means a few on night stands till nobody wants you anymore, and then being alone and lonely till you die. Thats like real depressing at my age, to see what your life is going to be like!!! I bet it is for other young gays too.

That is why I am going, it does my head in to know I got a real miserable life for years, if I choose to live it, and I don't want to be reminded every day.

Dave_Mack
Posted

Life is what we make it Dean. You can choose to be miserable or not. Being gay is hard but being strate is not always a barrel of laughs either. We have chatted many times and I tried my bet to help you. I am always here to talk if you need it,
Wehn life gives you lemons you make lemonade. I have beem thru some tough patches in my life. I am pushing 60 and still here. Has it always been fun? I wish. But in the long run the good outweighs the bad...

What more can I say...

JoePeter
Posted

It's life and being gay is only part of it. Give it a chance.

Ian_Mcgrath
Posted

Thats a horrible attitude to have, im sorry but thats ur opinion of what life will be, im gay and im going to enjoy my life and find love, u can think its all one night stands and think its depressing but dont class every gay person to that lifestyle :/

if its depressing u that much i suggest u dont read them anymore :P

Posted

Dean, Dave said it right its what you make of it. We all loose our way every so often but you bounce right back. You will too. I promise

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Hi,there,Dean,
I am 64 this year. I am not, Lonely, I don`t Moan, And i am Happy
in my own way. All what i do Dean,is to live my Life to the Full. And i know
for a Fact that i am not the only one out there,There are Thousand`s of Guy`s out there just like me.=== All what i am trying to say,Dean,is that you are still vary
young.And why don`t you give your Life a little more time to Mature,and i can
Garrantee you,that you will see your Life in a new Light. ( I know that i did )
TOMMY,xxx lol

Posted

Sorry 2 hear ur leaving Dean, I have enjoyed our little Chat's, I just want 2 wish u all the best in whatever u decide 2 do in life, ur a very intelligent young man, so u should have no prob's in life. I will miss u Dean.

Lot's Of Love
Richard. XD

Posted

If there are all these happy guy why don't I ever read anything from them on here??

Ian I started on here looking for a b/f and a good life, but the more things I read and the more I chatted to guys I just got more and more depressed. I just hope you find al the love and happiness you want and life is good for you. I guess I look more at the evidence and not enough at my hopes.

Joe_MacPhail
Posted

Sometimes (often) I feel the same way. lonely , sad and often depressed. It is part of being normal. Relationships are not easy and being gay is a little more so but never give up. One thing we have , even if it is the internet and that is each other. We understand how it feels.

Ian_Mcgrath
Posted

well ppl with no hopes get nowhere, u need to stop looking at others lives and focus on ur own, u can find happiness if u look for it :P

Posted

I Dean I have felt exactly the same way...I don't think there are many gays out there like you and I! I hope I will find someone I will love who I can spend my life with but who knows.....just gotta get on with life and hope for the best good luck! x

Posted

Funny how the support u get on Gays.com is just to be attacked!!!!! Is that what having Gay friends is all about? I thought that there might be some guy who could say to me that life IS ok and that they can show it, but I just get attacked.

Well you all carry on attacking, I'm going so it won't bother me.

Ian_Mcgrath
Posted

nobody attacked u :S

Posted

Dean listen to what all these guys are saying...You WILL be fine trust me. You are one of the best guys on here i have had the pleasure in talking to. so you will find someone and be as happy as hell. you will

Posted

NOT every gay person is lonely I am with my Partner of 10 years now .. we've had our ups and downs like any other couple has and have even been separated for a couple of years but are back together and have no problems So Don't feel like you have to be like the few you see here .... when the time is right in your life you WILL find that special someone you will be together with NEVER GIVE UP HOPE ..... when you Least expect to find Love it will find you .... xoxoxo ..

Posted

You are right about this site Dean, there are a lot of unhappy people because this is why they are on the site to find someone to chat with or share experiences with. I dont think I would have met my husband on this site. I met him on American singles because this is a site specific for dating...another one is Silver Daddies if you are interested in older guys. If you want to find someone go to those sites but be prepared for a lot of propositions for sex which is OK for some people. You just have to have the patience to go through all the propositions until you meet Mr. Right. The other thing is..and this is not a put down but a fact of life.a lot of.people your age want everything right away and dont have the patience to work at building a relationship. Just saying. I know in the end it doesnt matter what I say, you will have "ya buts" and excuses for everything people say to you. If your feeling depressed or suicidal please go see your Dr. or a counsellor because if your depressed everything is dark and impossible and its like you live in a dark tunnel with no way out. So, get off the site and go get some professional help not just us old guys with free advice. You obviously have your own demons to battle and your own issues to deal with that are personal just to you. Also hope you know that a lot of guys on this site do care about your well being and hope you do find happiness. May the angels be with you and wish you could feel all the hugs in the flesh that everyone is giving you. Bernie

Posted

I do dislike the way people try to generalize lives...just because it happens to some...doesn't mean it will happen to you...that's where our common sense kicks in...to learn from others' mistakes...Dean...Dave is right...life is what you make it...each of our own decisions shape our lives...i guess certain people share the same path...but that doesn't mean everyone should head in the same direction...sure the stories you've heard are depressing...but i'm sure there are those who have found love and are happy...and well they don't really have the duty to advertise it on gays.com...but well if they do...then that's their choice...now...you're only mistake Dean...and i say this to you as friend not as someone picking on you or attacking you...but you place your hope on others a bit too much...where's your hope for your own happiness???...don't rely on others...rely on yourself...sure sometimes we fall down and have our friends there to pick us up...there's nothing wrong with that...but to rely on them to find hope for yourself...that can't and will never work...a person's uniqueness and inner strength comes from within him/herself...nobody can give you back that which you have taken away from yourself...it's up to you to find it yourself...i hope that you find something in these words...if you continue to stay with us here...that's great...but if you decide to leave us...well i'm gonna miss you...and wish you luck and hope the path you walk is the one that leads you towards your happiness...

Posted

Hi Dean
There is enough advice floating around in the previous comments so i wont add to that.What worries me more is the the way you say 'your going'please dont do anything silly.Time is a good healer
Speakin as a father now this is what i said to my kids'you cant change the history only the future,the only person you can really trust is yourself and i will always be there if you need me'.i extend that to you Dean
Chin up and good luck

Glenn_Miller_51944
Posted

I wil have to a mit spelling would help

David_Dubber
Posted

Dean................please do not leave..............you are a truly wonderful person and the right man for you will come along, trust me. Regretfully however, it all takes time. Love reading your poems which proves what a star you really are

Posted

I wish I could say something, Dean, but I can't.
I'm gay and I'm not in a relationship, but also I am not lonely, I have a large group of friends and a big family.
Not being in a relationship doesn't always mean lonely, if you are to live your life without a partner you're not necessarily going to be lonely, you'll have family and friends always, a few of my mates have told me if we're all single in 5 years time we'll all move in together :P making a joke out of a possibility :P
Don't panic about being alone, that will never happen, if need be I'll move to England and marry you myself! :P xx

Posted

Thanks Thomas and Bernie, what I wanted was guys like you who could show me I was wrong and that u can have a long relationship. I also got a message privately from a vicar who married his b/f and they are living together in a vicarage and everyone, even the Bishop, is ok about it. I never knew that sort of thing could happen. Look like I was way off with the way i read stuff, maybe it is true that the couples who are happy just don't need Gays.com!!

Dave_Mack
Posted

Dean my friend life is what you make it. People in all walks of life are gay. Remember that it's the media who in many cases disparages us. Please mate remember that the only person you must be accountable is YOU! Life is what you make it. I am glad people including a clergyman responded to you. God loves us as we are. And I love you too...

Dave