is it true that in the bible it says - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

that if your gay/lesbians it is ok as long as you don't have sex with the girl/boy your with?

Posted

You have a COMPUTER, Google your questions. I am quite sure you are smart enough to do your own research, not only on Google but on Amazon under the search:Gays and the Bible. I think that it is inappropriate, to ask people questions, that you can surely find your answers to.
GLBTQ, or even Asexual people aren't lab rats, and that is how these questions make many people feel.
Do your own research, draw your own conclusions.
Please note, I do not mean any disrespect, but I have written extensively on these and many other subjects. So go to Discussions and look for questions like that which you have ask.
Peace

Timothy_Tan
Posted

yeah.. exactly the same way where if ur straight it is ok as long as u dont have sex with the girl/boy ur with.
agree with Andre

Posted

:/ sorry i didn't no, it don't have to be so rude, i ain't a mind reader

Posted

you can find questions about many of the questions ppl ask on here on the INTERNET, why single me out for? :/ exactly

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Hi Sophie,
Though I agree that many questions can be researched via the internet, I do not believe it is a big deal to ask a question. Not all of us feel like lab rats when a question is asked. Besides, I would think that having a forum such as this leaves and opening for discussion and there cannot be a discussion if we all just search the internet or believe that only one person has all of the answers.

Ok, now that we have that out of the way, I would like to share my answer with you. The answer is NO. The bible does not say that being gay is ok as long as you don't have sex with the boy/girl. In fact, when read properly and studied properly, you will find that the bible doesn't really say much about being gay; only what people interpret it to say. Too many people, mostly homophobes, take a piece of scripture and use it to condemn homosexuality by way of misinterpretation.
The bible does talk about sex outside of marriage. Whether gay or straight sex is not something one should do outside of marriage. Now, because many believe that marriage is only between a man and a woman this might be a little frustrating, but let me say this; the world looks at a piece of paper to determine whether or not someone is married. I don't. I believe that when two people truly love each other and commit to one another with the plan to spend the rest of their lives together, sex is ok. In the beginning it was about procreation; something the world need not worry about anymore.
I believe that casual sex, lustful sex, etc. is wrong and may not be looked upon favorably by the Lord. But a loving monogamous relationship that includes God is a different story. Making love to someone is more than just the physical enjoyment; it's about two people becoming one; totally giving themselves to one another and it is not something to take lightly. I hope this helped in some way.
God bless you.

Posted

thank you susan xxx

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Any time. :0)

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Sophie as group owner you can ask any question you want that is why this group is set up..If you ever have or feel like someone is attacking you about your question please feel free to message me and I will step in..
Thank You