Cold_Trisha

God gave us LOVE!......so where did it all go? - The Gay Christian Network

Cold_Trisha
Posted

I cant help but worry about the future and fate of the world.
It is unfortunate that so many horrifying things are happening around us.

One cant go a day without hearing about a grueling incident, a shocking discovery, a traumatising episode or something of the sort.

Oh dear! Love is the greatest gift that God gave us.
Where did it all go?.......where did we humans all go wrong?

Posted

Cold, there are many things which are down to human will. I dont understand just as you as to why He allows stuff to happen. but He is not an ogre, relishing in man's misfortunes. HE IS LOVE. I know we talk about His permissive will - He allows the bad as well as the good to happen. My favourite parable in the Bible is the one about the prodigal son, who demanded his father's estate was divided up between him and his brother, even while his father was alive, so that he, the younger brother, could go and have a ball in a far country. The younger son was more or less saying to his father: I wish you were now dead so I could enjoy my inheritance. The father loved his son and because of his love LET HIM GO!. and we all know when the son came back, the father had not lost his love for his son. He embraced him and said: Let's have a party! My son's home. Perhaps the father knew his son, whom he loved dearly, had to go through all his inheritance and suffer the consequences in terms of famine and hunger and finally grief for his wrongdoing, so that he could be restored back to his father and family.
How many similar stories do we hear about!
But what about natural (or rather unnatural) disasters! Perhaps when sin came into the world, it upset the natural order of creation. I do not have an answer. All I know is that tragedy can strike anyone - even the best of people - and you cannot help wonder why. Sometimes (and in my case I was!!!) we can be angry with God as though he was directly responsible for the bad stuff. But do u know, if we are angry with him, it shows we are in relationship with him. It is just like a child pummelling in frustration the chest of the parent who then hugs it.
Cold, I do not have the answers. If I did, I wouldn't be human. But if there is not God Who is Love then we are indeed lost along with this whole world. Sometimes we have to cling on to that thought by our fingernails!!
May He bless us with His love, comfort and patience - and the wisdom to know the difference between answers we can find out and those we cannot, trusting him with them.

Cold_Trisha
Posted

Yes Billy, we have to trust God to guide us through all this mess.
Personally, i do NOT blame God for anything bad that has been happening.
God is good and perfect so all these bad things happening have NOTHING to do with them.

I BLAME HUMANS for allowing these bad things to happen and refusing to allow love for their fellow human to spread around.

Posted

Ur right, Cold. Except we still have the problem of disasters such as earthquakes, tsunamis, tornados, etc. These cannot be blamed on human error!

Cold_Trisha
Posted

Actually, Billy, the issues of these natural disasters are as a result of global warming, which humans initiated by the way.
We took our environment for granted and now it has come back to bite us in the ass! .......and what a bite...OUCH!!

I wonder if we shall truly be able to reduce emission of toxic gases with all the developments taking place around the world.

Posted

Cold, I'm enjoying this chat, but Cold, can I ask u a favour. My name is Bill - not Billy. i've got a bit of a complex about that. Silly really!

Cold_Trisha
Posted

well, anyway, it is good to discuss what really does affect us humans from time to time.
It's always good to let it out there