Cold_Trisha

what do u do when ur friend's partner is hitting on u? - The Gay Christian Network

Cold_Trisha
Posted

I am confused as to the best way to handle a situation where ur friend's partner is hitting on u.
Should one blow the whistle on them, ignore, confront them about it.....oh dear! It is SO CONFUSING!
Dont wish to create any trouble for anyone or between anyone.

Tonia_Docter
Posted

This is a tough call to make. Not wanting to hurt anybody I would take the person aside that is hitting on you and make it perfectly clear that you want nothing to do with them. If it continues ask them again to stop or you will have to say something to their partner, then as a last resort tell the pertner if it doesn't stop.

You may get more responses to this by posting it in the Transgender room or other rooms where you are confortable.

Posted

Trisha

I understand something of your position. Be courteous but just don't give the person any response. Don't do anything to lead them on. Blowing the whistle on them will likely cause other problems and you may lose a friend (or friends) because of it. Just don't give that person anything negative or positive to use, it's best to remain un-interested. It should not be confusing, just be very clear in your own mind. If you're not interested then that's it.

I had someone hitting on me once and I gave them nothing, I wasn't interested. I received emails from them, even a telephone call. They didn't want to understand why I didn't reply but if I had said anything at all it could have been taken the wrong way. I spoke to a friend who is a psychologist and that was the best advice he gave me. Sometimes silence is golden. Eventually the person just went away.

All the best.

Cold_Trisha
Posted

yes Tonia, ur right. it's a tough call especially when u dont want to urt anyone or cause any friction.
well, i guess i can only say that it feels like "walking on a tight rope". U make one small mistake and ur over.

Cold_Trisha
Posted

John, yes silence is golden and it may just work. However, my concern is that they may start stalking me with calls and emails, sms and stuff.
Last thing i need is to have to involve the police on this issue but thanks anyway.

Koenraad_Achidi
Posted

Trisha, if it gets to that point, then dear, you will have to be patient unless you decide not to care about how your friend may feel about you when you tell her what's going on! I'd rather you remain silent as john had suggested earlier. And don't let it get to you. And if anything happens as a result, you will remain innocent! Wish you the best Trish!

Cold_Trisha
Posted

Thanks Koenraad, i think that silence seems to be the best medicine. i have already started to ignore any hollas and well, i have prayed to God to make them leave me alone!

P.S. unique name u have. i have never heard someone called by that name before. i think Koenraad's a nice name

Koenraad_Achidi
Posted

Oh thank you! It's Dutch but somehow, I got it and am happy you like it! Thanks!