Heart In Your Hand - Your WRITES

Posted

Heart in Your Hand

I was dreaming, more like having a nightmare, as it seems. In this dream world people walked around on a path, and instead of having their hearts in their chests, they held them in their hands. I followed one traveler, although it wasn't clear, I could see that the traveler was a girl. From the way she walked she seemed tired, weak, and beaten down. I looked around my traveler and took in the surroundings, she stepped out of a rough spot and started for another, taking the painful paths as they came. The path was dark, fog was around us, making it hard to see in front of us, but we heard the steps of others as they followed; we knew we weren't alone.
Throughout the path my traveler kept falling, her arms and legs bruised and bleeding, her face pale, and her strength diminishing little by little. I stood by her and watched as she seemed to keep choosing wrongfully, hoping that once, just once, she'd actually find what's good for her. But she kept on falling, until she fell to the feet of stranger. The fog was thick and the sound of the angry wind was loud in our ears. From what we could see through the fog the woman seemed like an angel, perfect in every way, from what we could hear, her voice was soft, kind, and caring. The perfect person to travel with. I watched as my traveler offered her heart to the stranger, because she had become too weak to even carry it by herself. The stranger eagerly accepted her heart and held it in her palm, handing her what felt and looked like a heart to us. After her heart was given over we walked on, this time with the seemingly beautiful stranger keeping close by my traveler. We walked the path together and the obstacles seemed to get easier, seeing as the traveler had a helper. But soon, after some traveling, the fog cleared and my traveler began to weaken more and more each passing step.
The fog cleared day by day as my traveler seemed to struggle through the rough patches on the path. Little by Little, I started to notice something that was wrong with the stranger as the fog cleared, through the fog her true form was hidden and masked to look almost angelic, but as it cleared we saw wickedness scarred upon her face. In my travelers hand was nothing but mud and dirt, and the stranger was what resembled a vampire. At this realization my traveler flung the dirt from her hand and sprang to retrieve her own, but was unfortunately not strong enough. The stranger took her sharp nails and pierced her heart with them, closing her fist on it as she did so and letting blood drip down her hand. My traveler fell back to the ground, thrashing and screaming in pain, begging for her to stop and crying for mercy. Her fist closed in more and more and more, until the heart was completely crushed, then she gave her a disgusted look and flung her heart to the ground in front of her, stomping on it as she walked back into the fog.
My travel, being near death and without most of her strength, crawled towards her heart and clutched at her chest, crying and panting as she did so. She was too weak to carry it with her as she went forward on her path, but she was in luck to see another traveler near her, she begged and pleaded to the girl to take care of her heart for her and to her surprise the girl said yes. The girl picked up the broken and mangled heart and helped my traveler continue, but little did my traveler know what this new companion was capable of. The traveler saw that this person was willing to nurture and tend to the broken heart and as she walked on she expected to grow stronger again, but she didn't. She limped on with the new companion and as time went by she grew admiration for her. But at night the new companion did terrible things to her heart that the traveler was yet to notice.
One night the traveler could feel herself grow weaker and weaker, like the strength was being sucked out of her, so she turned to her companion to ask her for help, but when she did the companion was hungrily feasting on the blood from her heart. In seeing this my traveler understood that this person had an addiction for want, she saw now the hearts the companion carried with her in her pockets, all of them drained dry. She reached for her heart, but the companion greedily sucked until the heart was dry and threw it back to my traveler, who again was lying on the floor, barely living. At this point my travel was inches away from death; she lay on the floor, motionless and barely breathing.
It had been days before she could wake up, and by that time a woman had taken her to a hotel and placed her in a room with her. My traveler woke up to the sight of this woman, who had beauty, but it was only in the form of a mask, underneath that we both knew she wasn't as beautiful as she wished to be. She kindly promised the traveler she would tend to the heart and nurse it back to health, and then be the new companion in my traveler's life. She placed the heart a shelf carefully and let the weak and half dead traveler stay in bed as she messed with herself in the mirror. For days the heart just sat there, untouched, uncared for, and slowly dripping out what blood was left of it. Then the kind masked woman just vanished. The traveler still being too weak to walk forward was left to die in that bed, nothing to help her, nothing to care for her bleeding heart.
It had been weeks and the traveler still rested in the bed, holding on to life by a thread. Then the door flew open and out came a girl, young and cheerful, foolish as well from lack of experience. She held the heart of her lover in her hand and her own heart in the other, she skipped to the heart, curious to see what it was, and the traveler looked up at her with utter panic clear on her face. My traveler begged her to leave it be, to not touch it in fear of more pain, but the girl giggled and brushed her words off, dropping her lover's heart to ground with a thud, and picking up the new one. She ran her fingers through the cuts and pressed at the bruises, giggling lightly at each sharp intake of breath my traveler made. My traveler begged more and more for her to be gentle but she ignored her begging and picked up the heart and helped the traveler to her feet and they walked a short distance on the path, dropping the heart continuously as she walked forward. The traveler then collapsed on the path, now death seemly all too close to her, and the girl left the heart by the traveler, being bored of it and walked back to where her lover's heart was left.
My traveler knew she had reached the end, death was upon her and hope was gone, her heart was mangled and far from repair. She soon saw an angel, lights shining around her, nothing to obscure her vision as she in took the beauty before her. The angel knelt down by the traveler and took in her moribund state. The traveler lifted her head slightly to lock eyes with this beautiful creature, understanding flashed upon the angel's face and she simply nodded and helped my traveler to her feet.
"Do you know why I am here?" the angel questioned, her voice sounding like a symphony as she spoke.
“To save me..?” My traveler replied weakly, leaning most of her weight on the angel.
The angel shook her head sadly and touched her cheek, letting out a soft sigh as the traveler leaned into the angel’s gentle touch.
“Oh weary soul, I have come because this is the end of your path, the end of your life. I am the angel of death, and although I wish I could revive your mangled heart, I have come to destroy the last ounce of life in it, so that you may be put out of your misery and end this dreadful path.”
“I don’t want to die!” My traveler yelled out in panic, using all the strength she had to push off the angel’s support and back away from her. “I’d rather live in pain then feel nothing at all! What happens when you do this? Do I just become a mindless drone? I’d take a thousand years of pain with this torn up heart of mine then no heart at all!”
“You have no choice! It is the way the world works!” The angel replied bitterly. Anger flashed through her eyes like fire, but was soon replaced with sadness and compassion. “Get your heart, I promise you the pain will end soon.”
My traveler nodded in response and did as she said, although unhappy to do so. She knelt down, picking up the remains of her poor destroyed heart, and held it delicately in the palm of her hand. She bent her head down to place a soft kiss on her heart, tears rolling down her cheeks as she did so. After holding her barely beating heart for the last time, she extended her hand to the angel, but the angel refused to accept it and in turn handed my traveler a silver dagger.
My traveler clutched the dagger in her hand and held it pointing to the knife, the angel stepped closer and placed her hands on the travelers, inching the dagger slowly to the heart. She closed her eyes as the angel watched intending while the dagger began to puncture her heart. With a swift move the angel took the dagger back, letting my traveler drop to her knees, and with a look of pure anguish and despair, she mumbled "I didn’t want to go.." and fell to the ground, lifeless.
“Clear! Check her pulse! Is she breathing again?!” A loud voice boomed from somewhere unknown, for all I could see was dark haze and for around me.
I forced my eyes open more and forced myself to see what was going on. I found myself lying on a hospital bed, people surrounding me, doctors rushing to take care of me for whatever reason, and a hand clutching mine. I mustered all the strength I could to turn my head and look at the person holding my hand so tightly. As I see the face of the woman beside me, I see that her eyes are stained with tears and her head is down as if she were praying.
I wanted her tears to stop, but all I could do was squeeze her hand, hoping that she would know I was sorry to cause her sadness. At that moment she looked up at me with hope and shock written on her face.
“She’s awake! She’s alive!” She yelled to the doctors, who immediately looked up and began to tend to me with more speed.

“You have to live understand? If you don’t this heart will stop beating as well, not only is your heart on line but as is mine. You have to pull through… I love you” She said as she looked at my desperately.
“I know,” I whispered weakly. “I don’t want to go…”
“I won’t let you leave me.” She repeated has she clutched my hand tighter.
I nodded and mumbled a thank you as slipped back into a dream yet again, knowing this time that my heart shall not end and that I shall return.

END

(So i'm not a big fan of the ending but I'd love to know what you guys think!)

Posted

Is this really what u dreamt of ? Waw .. Another good script. If that's a dream , have u goolged It to analyse ur dream. The meaning behind this dream ? Dreams can be analsyed. I used to have a similar one but they're just normal human looking but they're all souls. Walking emotionless .. I was one of them. I got freaked out b/c no one seems to be able to hear me at all . N I know I was alive. I don't belong to them. Then I saw my friend , I was supposed to meet her , so I kept calling her name , but she couldn't hear me at all .. I went up to her , n touched her .. Soon I woke up

Posted

To me , this is not a nightmare , just personal thoughts hope u didn't mind. The traveller , I felt kinda sad for her when the Angel Of Death came to *pick her up* This dream is kinda sad .. If I would have dreamed such dream , I think I'll wake up with teary eyes

Posted

lol yeah this wasn't a real dream xD just kinda an idea that came up, i wanted it to be sorta like that one book... god what was it called? Pilgram's Progress? lol only not all weird and religious (although there's nothing wrong with religion, no offense anyone xD) but yeah and its kinda based off all my past relationships, like the angel was this girl i dated named Angelica who i thought was "the one" until she really broke my heart, and the girl at the end is my fiance, and it kinda symbolizes how with the Angle was going to give up the idea of love but with the girl at the end, she wouldn't let me give up love lol i'm sorry if that's confusing >u

Posted

Nope ) It's not that confusing at all . I understand what u were trying to say. But If that's really going to be a book , It will be really amazing. Glad u found "the one" that will not let u give up love coz she loves u just as u love her Aubrie

Posted

aww you're so so sweet! thank you

Posted

Oooohhh .. Im so sorry that I missed out this 6 days ago =//

Those are nothing but facts )xx Yes u're pretty lucky .. )xx N m sure u don't really have to say much , she will know .. Didn't she ?