Beloved Mother - Poetry Group

Posted

"Dedicated to my mother Shirley"

RIP MOM

BORN: AUGUST 2, 1936

DIED:: JANUARY 19, 2010

You were the dearest love For certain of my whole life. To others you were kind and loving, To me you were simply my beloved mother. I don't know for certain How I'll live the rest my life. Now alone without you, My beloved mother. Oh I can't believe the grief inside I've lost the very best of me. You were the dearest friend, For certain of my whole life. I don't know for certain How I'll live the rest of my life. Now alone without you, My beloved mother. I can't believe the pain inside Oh I can't believe the tears I've shed. I've lost the very best part of me You were the best mother. For fifty one years you were Simply my beloved mother. With another love I hope I'll never be alone again. A depth so deep into my grief, Without my beloved mother. I felt like renouncing my life As my heart now alone without. My mother is gone, she suffered long In hours of pain she slipped away. Now my suffering begins My only mother is gone. Wouldn't it be wrong if I should Surrender all the joy in my life? Maybe go with her tonight? Maybe hide the pain inside. My mother is gone, she suffered long, In hours of pain she went away. Should I surrender all the dreams? Should I go far into another land? My mother is gone on a long journey In hours of pain she flew away. Would it be wrong if I should, Just turn my face away from the light?

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 Copyright@2011LauraLynnPetersen

Posted

That was a beautiful poem. I lost my mom when I was ten. She died from a brain aneurism. Since then, I've written about the times when I was a child, we would go downtown to do some shopping, and then have lunch. The times I went with her to her doctor's appointments, not knowing just how sick she was. I found writing all this helped me with my grief. It's a way I can remember her for who she was to me.

Posted

Hi Mark, thanks for reading it. I wrote this in memory of my beloved mother who died two years ago, January 19th (2010) She had major seizures, strokes, neumonia, and lots wring with her. Lost my dad to cancer 2008..and I looked them all alone, and I come from big family. Now, they won't talk to me because of their guilt issues. I have a clear conscious about that! Sorry to hear about your mom. Mine died from CVA strokes. Laura