Teddy_Kitchens

Excited - The Gay Christian Network

Teddy_Kitchens
Posted

I'm excited to have many discussions and make many friends here in this group. I'm so happy to have found a group of people who also believe it is possible to be gay and still love Jesus Christ. As the son of a very flawed man turned preacher, I have encountered alot of different opinions on homosexuality within the Christian religion from friends, family, co-workers, church members and strangers, I can't wait to hear a few more.

Posted

its not a sin to be gay,but to practise gay sex is a sin,god has given us the choice to follow or not to follow jesus,we cant have sex with another male and say its ok to because we say its ok to and god still loves us,true the creator does love everyone,,but we are fooling ourselfs if we are engaging in gay sex and say we follow jesus,we must live a live for god and give up the sins of the flesh to be closer to god so he can work in our lives,thats my personal exspereince from the lord.

Ryan_Siriwardene
Posted

So chris, if u met a guy someday and form a beautiful friendship that could turn into love. You wouldnt go all the way and share that emotional connection with him coz its a sin?

Matthew_Black_59471
Posted

That is what most of the mainstream churches interpretation of the Bible is. That it is ok to be gay but you must remain celibate to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The Churches use selected New Testament Scripture to back it up.

I personally believe Jesus died to save us all and why would so many gay people have being created if we where not part of Gods creation.

Ryan_Siriwardene
Posted

So matthew are you saying gay people must stay single all their life and continue to miss what is like to love another human because that human happens to be the same sex as them

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I think that Matthiew was saying that mainstream churches (not necesarily open) preach that homosexuality is fine but you cannot act on it. I do not think that he necessarily support this idea. I do not believe that we have to suppress our feelings. I certainly do not...

Cold_Trisha
Posted

Ok, now what has been said by Chris does NOT make sense at all. Its ok to be something but not ok to act on it?
How does that go?
Let me see.........it's ok to have a knife but it's NOT ok to use it. It's ok to be sad but its NOT ok to express it.

Hmmm... so what is the point of having or being something if u cant use it if i may ask?????..........

Ryan_Siriwardene
Posted

It sounds like i came off angry in my last two posts, I wasnt. I am questioning this because as Trisha says what is the point of being something if you cant use it. Surely God didnt put me on this Earth to be gay and alone. Why do I not feel guilt when I go to share with a meal with God every weekend. I now enjoy going to Church now I am out but not so much when I was in the closet? I wish the Christian Denominations had an answer for this but they do not. The scriptures they recommend to me sound like someone who sells their body or commits adultery. I dont do that. I stayed true even though it was not a proper relationship. All I can do is live my life the way I did before I came out and hope God is please with all that I did do.

Posted

thats right trish,i was born gay and have slept around as we do,but it was Jesus who told me to put my trust in him and follow,it wasnt about satisfying myself with sex but to give it up and let Jesus take over,it was the best move i made in my life,now i am with the creator in a way which i thought not possible,i know that f-----g a guy up the ass is immoral,im not an exspert on the bible but have read abit and it does say "you shall not lye next to a man as you do a woman",and your right trish,it is ok to be something (gay),and its not ok to act on it,when jesus speaks to us its time to act on that cause its then when he does speak to us he knows we are ready to follow,gods power is there for us all who want to know it,but alot choose to go there own way,...well...im glad i dont live for me anymore,im alot happier now and am helping guide one of my gay freinds in the same direction,he is unsure, but he trusts jesus in me to do good for him,the world is the way it is because we choice to go our own way,this is just MY exsperience with jesus and how he has changed me,for those who practise gay sex then im not gunna judge them but to just say thats them and i hope they are happy,@mathew,we cant answer why were all the gays created but i beleive i was born gay to know god more in my life,either follow jesus or keep going on the path i was,we have to go to him on our own doing,when we say "I want to do what i want", and dont LISTEN to our lord who speaks to us then i think we get lost,.... peace be with you all.. ps..@trish, the point is by not practising gay sex you choose our Father,and let "him' take control in our lifes,which sounded pretty boring to me once...but...bless you,@ ryan,i have meet a guy and we are both loving to eachother but we dont need sex cause we both know Jesus,thats all we need,try it..

Cold_Trisha
Posted

Ok Chris, from what ur saying, i can understand where ur coming from. However, i think something needs to be clear.

God can NEVER give someone a certain personality, trait, gift, blessing,feeling, desire, organs even sexuality, without having a purpose or meaning.

Therefore, the fact that God made gays,means that God wanted them to be happy like everyone else.

By that it means, if a gay guy meets another gay guy and the two love each other and express that love by having a relationship and even getting intimate, that is in God's plan.

However, if a gay guy just hooks up with another gay guy for a fling, flirt or just a "öne night stand" encounter, that is what is 'homo' and condemned by God.

Just like a man who meets a woman and the two love each other and express their love through a relationship and sex, that is right and God's plan.
However, a man hooking up with a woman and the two just fling, flirt and do 'one night stand' kind of thing, that is "fornication" and condemned by God

Ryan_Siriwardene
Posted

You guys both make valid points.

Ill try it when I am in a relationship as I am still single so for now Ill just have to be content with what I got in my life when I go to sleep.

Something ex-priest Daniel A. Helmeniak after I read his book 'What the bible really says about homosexuality said to me in an email was that if you feel something in your heart and you know it is wrong then that is a sin.

Posted

@ trish,hi hows ya day going good i hope,i was born gay,that doesnt mean if i meet a guy and fall in love and have sex,that doesnt mean thats Gods plan for me cause i was born that way,silly to say that,i was given the choice to continue with my immoral life or follow Jesus,i choose to follow,that was the choice i had...soo..maybe i sort of was meant to be with the spirit after realising my sinful ways...and THAT was gods plan for me,being born gay and meeting Jesus was gods plan,now im fulfilled,its only my espereince with the Spirit,what does Jesus tell you?do what he says and take the plunge case giving up things of this world and follow Jesus is worth it,i do happen to know of 3 gay guys who have passed on and 2 of them are in darkness and in pain,but thats just what they told me so i cant say more then that,i also know of my freind who shot himself at 21 and he was straight but not a nice person who told me he is in darkness and very angry and in pain,so,i think listen to our Lord and he will guide us,good to have an opinion though but we shouldnt beleive our opinions are the truth,otherwise we will be teaching ourselfs about our Father,Jesus was given to us and he has made PROMISES to us to respond to our needs and prayers,if that wasnt the case then i wouldnt be wasting my time as i wasnt bought up in a religous enviroment...but...i was wrong earleir in life and what a fool i was,but through the guidence i am looking forward to meeting my creator..cant wait actually...anyway trish thanks for your opinions and i would like to know what the Lord is telling you,just knowledge on how he speaks to others is good for me to know,,thanks,have a good day

Cold_Trisha
Posted

Oh well Chris, it is ur life and u have a right to live it as u like and everyone should respect that.

It would be nice if u also respect and allow the LGBT community to live their life how they see best, whether u agree with what they do or not.

It is why God gave us freedom!

Posted

actually its life how my Lord wants me to live,and im still content,, i didnt show any disrespect to anyone and what others do in their life doesnt worry me in the slightest,TRUE,freedom is what our Father has given us all,freedom to follow or go our own way,with our own rules living how WE want,that i think is the challenge.peace.,take care trish,you have a nice smile and i will pray for you always.

Matthew_Black_59471
Posted

Jesus never spoke about homosexuality personally in the New Testament.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I agree with Matthiew!

Timothy_Brown
Posted

Back to Cold Trisha's comments. I believe that God had a purpose for me being gay. I f****d around, got HIV, got leukemia, received a stem cell transplant from a person immune to HIV which cured me of both leukemia and HIV. Now I am being used by God to help advocate a cure for HIV and will also be a witness for Christ's miracles. So being a sinner turned into a good thing.