Jony_Star

Gay Films - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

ok well my family and i have a netflix account...and they recently added a gay & lesbian movie genre...and i just finished watching this one italian movie called David's Birthday...it was boring at 1st...but kind of trippy at the end...but anywho does anyone have any suggestions???

so far these are the gay films i've seen so far...

-Bad Education
-Boy Culture
-Shortbus
-David's Birthday

these are the only ones i can think of so far...

Siemen_Bastens
Posted

boy culture is a good movie

I alsow like: Sommer sturm, breakfast with scot, shank, patrick 1.5
and can't remember others :d

Posted

clapham junction

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

did you see brokeback mountain? it is a good movie, so is kiss me guideo

Posted

i've seen brokeback mountain...i forgot to mention that one...that one and this other one i forgot what's it's called my brother watched it a while ago...it's with Jim Carrey about a gay guy who was smart...fooled the system and everything it's call I Love You ???...i forgot really...

Posted

well i am going to list some gay & lesbian movies i have:
another country, maurice, my beutiful laundrette, scum,bent, rent,like a brother,priscilla queen of the desert, tipping the velvet,another gay movie,to wong foo, cruising, nighthawks.
Then there is Queer as folk u.s version seasons 1-5, and also ch4 queer as folk uk series, 2 seasons.
And then 2 others i would also highly recommend, sex traffic ch4 series, and french film Baise moi.

David_Cloud
Posted

I have the Bad Education DVD - very good and powerfully directed.

Have you seen Death in Venice? made in 1971 by Italian director Visconti from the novel by Thomas Mann - one of Dirk Bogarde's most moving acting roles as the older man in Venice preparing for his death but moved and aroused by the presence of this beautiful and ethereal boy Tadzio who comes to the beach each day. If you want to cry bucketfulls and to learn to love the Adagio from Mahler's 5th Symphony this is the film for you. Its one of the most moving I have ever seen - and each time I rewatch it !

Posted

now thats an old one david, and i saw it a long time ago, but jony will have to search under the directors/actors name to find that one.

Posted

Yeh David I have Death In Venice on DVD, and yeh it's Awesome, just fantastic, i had forgotten bout that one.

Posted

well i wanted to make it clear that i'll be searching for them...but we only have the instant streaming...we used to have both the steaming & dvd mailing part...but they increased the price and well my parents are paying for it so they said we had to choose one of the other...so we chose the instant streaming...but thanks...i've actually been looking for the U.S version of Queer As Folk...used to watch some episodes here and there but never really sat down to watch it from the beginning...i mean i tried to but it came on a bit late on LOGO..and didn't stay up that long...i did see that they have Noah's Arc...but only like 13 episodes...i could swear that the series is more than 13 episodes...lol...

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

there is a sad movie called prayor for bobby. that is a must see. it is filmed in la i think

Posted

Fri., Jan 6th, 12, 23:00 Hrs. M.S.T.
Hi Group,
Brokeback Mountian was Filmed in Southern Alberta Near a Town Called Fort Mecloud. I have YET to See the Movie, Woops.
Tnx,
Operater.

funboyforall
Posted

Hi Group, Beautiful Thing(1995) Get Real(1999).Both worth a watch.

Posted

a new one just out,and you can see clips on utube is "shelter" a bollywood gay film, from what i have seen it looks promising.
And an old film is "bound" where two lesbians try to knock of the pimp for his money, its actually very good.

Ricky_Piang
Posted

hello guys..i am new here..i don't know where to start..and i don't have friends yet,,,i hope i am welcome here..

Dane_Harrison
Posted

omg! u should definitely watch Prayers for bobby. that will make u cry for sure. and Watercolours and Shelter are great too

Posted

Hi Ricky and Welcome

Dave_Mack
Posted

Here's one I bet NO ONE remembers til I mention it... THE BOYS IN THE BAND. If you have never seen it its very telling. About a group of gay men who get together for a dinner party and the hot's old "strate" college toommate shows up unexpectedly to cry on his shoulder allegedly over leaving his wife. Well as the stroy progresss it becomes a truth or dare as to WHO will have the balls to call someone from their past and tell them they lvoe them (same sex). I don't want to spoil it but it has some very tender moments. And it was the first time the "7 words you cannot say on radioor TV" were all said in the movie.. And an intersting sidebar is that in the 1980's a TV station here in Boston (in the US) aired the movie uncut! They ran a disclaimer and aired it as it was. And it was in PRIME TIME of 8PM...
SO any one else remember that movie?
How about PRIEST? Another good gay themed movie...

Posted

well mack preist was aired on tv over here on c4, they called them triple x, to warn people, and the also aired sebastian, which was pretty boring, and then there was oranges are not the only fruit, and also john hurts potrayal as a gay man in the naked civil servant.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Hi Rickey and welcome to the group...If you need help on the site message me...

Ryan_Siriwardene
Posted

i watched its a beautiful day (british film) really good especially the girl listening to mama cass that was funny.

Bad Education was a gay film, I didnt know that?

Ryan_Siriwardene
Posted

what about boys dont cry. that was a tearjerker at the end. Made me hate the actor Peter Sarsgaard for a while even after he married Maggie Gyllenhal.

Richard_A_Hovey
Posted

Beautiful Day was a great film. Ryan. Boy don't cry was to. I usually don't go for the lesbian or trany movies. There are still to many gay flicks to see. But , I will get there I guess. You know one I have not seen in years is Torchsong Trilogy. I may have to rent that one soon. oldie but goody!

Richard_A_Hovey
Posted

Hello, Ricky Piang!!!! hope you enjoy the site and the conversations.

Posted

Have you seen Bad Education Ryan???...because if you had it would be pretty obvious that it's a gay film...not trying to sound mean or anything...anywho i do see that Priest is on the list...i've been watching Noah's Arc...cuz i always saw it on LOGO but never really watched it...but they only have 17 episodes and i know they had more than that going on...anywho...i'll be taking in all of these films into consideration and looking for them...oooh Running With Scissors...has anyone seen that movie???...i love that movie...i think that was a gay film too right???...wait what am i saying of course it is...it involves 2 gay men...tho it's more about Agustus...if that's how you spell his name...can't remember...anywho...yep adding that one to the list too...oh btw Ricky welcome to the site...