Kyle_Oyler

The True Power of Love: - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

I now know the true importance of what love is, and the true immortal feeling behind it. However, it's just a comprehending of the meaning, not the actual emotion behind it which is something that I ever so badly want to experience in my life.

1st Corinthians 13: 4-8, Paul explains what love should really be for everyone of us: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does NOT envy, it does NOT boast, it is NOT proud. It is NOT rude, it is NOT self-seeking, it is NOT easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does NOT delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It ALWAYS protects, ALWAYS trusts, ALWAYS hopes, ALWAYS perseveres. Love NEVER fails But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.”

In 1st Corinthians 13: 4-8, Paul is talking about UNCONDITIONAL love. The very type of love that you and I should bestow upon each-other, instead of hating each-other, instead of being jealous, instead of being boastful, and rude.

However, there are some who mistakenly misunderstand the difference between UNCONDITIONAL and CONDITIONAL love. A friend of mine once said that, “People don't want to understand the difference between CONDITIONAL and UNCONDITIONAL love.”

Continuing what he said, “They don't want to understand the difference between the two because they haven't had the true experience of what unconditional love is.” I couldn't agree to that ever so much, and to top it off, he's absolutely right.

Personally, I believe the ONLY reason why it is that nobody wants to grasp the true understanding of what unconditional love, is because they're afraid, afraid of the paralyzing essence that unconditional love can bring.

And that's a ridiculous thing to be afraid of... even just by a taste or a glimpse of what love really is – is empowering, gratifying! I can't bare the thought of what TRUE – UNCONDITIONAL love would be like, and I can't help but to be excited about it! Am I wrong to feel that way?

Nonetheless, at the rate that the world is going, I seriously and very hardly doubt that the world will EVER get a taste or EVEN a glimpse of what unconditional love is. But I believe that those who do want to comprehend what it's to truly love someone, like me, will be able to show the world how.

That's IF the world does want to comprehend what love really is, but if you honestly and truly think about it, even for a brief second – who doesn't want to comprehend the true power and immortal, breathe taking feeling of love? Of intimacy? That feeling of oneness with your lover? I do!

More-over, I still yet need to grow, mature, and grasp even more, of what love is really about. It's a beautiful thing to sit and let waste away, to abuse, to mess with, to disrespect, to let die and wither.

My question is, though – Is and will anyone let it continue to grow? Or are they letting it die? Wither?

It's hard to say... and that's coming from me. This is who I really am, a lover, not a fighter, but I'll fight for what I love and believe in! Who is with me on this epic battle to win love back in their life?

Or is this just a false hope, diminishing before my very eyes? I can only ponder...

David_Cloud
Posted

Kyle, that is a beautiful description of love as explained by Paul in Corinthians 13:4-8 (your second para above). I would like to print it large on my bedroom wall as a reference and reminder.

I believe in that ideal of love and I try and implement it each day in my dealings with my friends and the ones I love. Providing an unconditional commitment to someone with regard to an aspect of your friendship is something that gives me real pleasure to offer - I did it yesterday to someone I care about.

What I am trying to understand in what you say is why you feel that 'people don't understand the difference between conditional and unconditional love', 'they don't want to grasp the true understanding of what unconditional love is', and they are afraid of it in some way.

I don't don't look to stand in awe of unconditional love, afraid to engage with it because it represents some pinnacle of perfection. Personally I take the route of trying to stay conscious of its great benefits and rewards for me and the other person and to implement it little by little, here and there, whenever appropriate, not necessarily reserved for one person alone, throughout each day. Those principles in the piece from the Bible which you quote can be implemented individually as well as in combination, in respect of small matters as well as big ones.

Call mine a pragmatic approach but I believe in applying those principles where and when I can and, in my eyes, that is the way to let love grow and not let it die and wither. I am there, hopefully with you, to keep love in the forefront of my life.

Posted

Wow! Very well put, David!

The reason why I say that people are afraid to grasp and understand the diffence between CONDITIONAL and UNCONDITIONAL love, is because those are the people that I've personally encountered in my life who have abused what the true power of love.

Meaning?

They used love, so to speak, as a cruch, to get what whatever it was that they needed and/or desired, instead of actually taking the time to really get to know somebody, and learn how to sincerely love.

Conditional love, is like, the type of love that you have for your Mom, Dad, Aunt, Uncle, Brother, Sister, ect.... ect... ect.

UN-conditional love, is the type of love that you could let grow into so many levels and so deep, that it's ridiculous, but in a positive sense.

If you want, and would like too, you are more then welcome to print out, "The True Power of Love" and hang it on your bedroom wall. I, myself, has/have a printed out copy that I keep with me at all times, as a constant reminder.

I believe that love is so PURE and perfect, that itself, has the ability to heal the heart at hand, which is broken. That love isn't so boastful that it would brag about itself.

Love has a very strong and powerful feeling, sensitivity, comprehencable, and un-dieing magic to it, that it shouldn't be fucked with, pardon the french.

And that's the object that's at large here. Some, NOT ALL, but some, are taking advantage of what unconditional love has to offer, for their selfish acts, needs, and wants.

Eventually, something like that, will spread like wild-fire or a viruse, and infect everyone, to where as love wont be able to do anything to a-vert it, to vanquish it.

Am I the only one that seems to be seeing that?

Because if it wasn't and/or weren't, would it NOT be easier to come out of the closet, out in public? On the White House's front lawn?

That, to me, is something to really look into.

Where the F is love really going? Why is it so hard to be able to express the love for our partner? For our loved ones, family, friends? Why is it getting to be SO hard to say, three simple, kind, gentle words, "I LOVE YOU!"?!

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

For those who want to comment please go to the link I post...It is the first discussion he open and then repeat it 2 more time...I delete one and I will be moving the two comments made here to the first one as soon as a siter manger tells me how to..Here is the link please follow it there and comment...
http://gays.com/groups/fun/514/discussion/17059?utm_source=disc-group&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notification

Thank You
Mike
Group Owner