Jony_Star

Today Has Been A Blast... - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

well i woke up today at 5:30am cuz i had to wake up my mom...and had to actually get up around 6 becuz today my mom and I went to go take my lil luna to go watch the Rose Parade today...for those who are not So Cal residents...the Rose Parade happens every New Year's Day...tho in this year's case cuz it landed on a sunday it was pushed of to the 2nd...anywho...starting Dec 31st or in this year's case Jan 1st people head down to downtown Pasadena and start reserving their spaces on the street to watch the Rose Parade the next day...so you have people there around 10am or so spending a whole day on the street...and it's pretty much the only day we all sleep out there on the street too...we basically call it being a homeless person for a day...except you're with your friends and family...anywho...so the parade starts around 8am the next day...and it's a bunch of floats decorated with a lot of roses...and our city is the city of roses...therefore that is where we get our Rose Parade...it's pretty cool...and lots of fun...because they also host a college football game afterwards we usually have a lot of tourists here...also high school marching bands from other states also participate...so it makes Pasadena feel even more special...we even get people from other countries...this year's countries were indonesia and puerto rico...it's really cool...for those that have never been to it...maybe you guys should try coming next year...i'm sure it'll be a great experience to explore a new place and to watch something as beautiful as the Rose Parade...anywho i enjoyed this year's Rose Parade...can't wait to see what they come up with next year...

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

aww thats so sweet of you stud muffin. i miss haveing you in oregon lol

Posted

Well, I grew up watching the Rose Bowl Parade every New Year and It was a big deal especially when we got a colour television..lol. I grew up in a small norhern town in Canada so watching the parade when it was 20 below and there may have been several feet of snow on the ground was a way to escape. It is on my bucket list but by the time I get to Passedena I may be too old to sleep on the sidwalk..

Tommy_Storey
Posted

I am glad,that you and your Mom have had a Blast of a day. You must grab
with both hand`s, such day`s as these, all way`s if you can. lol

Posted

aww Homer...well then you should come down to Pasadena sometime...and watch the Rose Parade...wow so you've been watching that Rose Parade for sometime now...that's really cool...then i'm sure it's amazing to see how these floats have been improving year after year...well you could always rent a room Bernie...but be prepared cuz it will be expensive...lol...yes i treasure every good memory Tommy...

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i would if i could afford it sweety pie

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I live in San Francisco. I should come down sometime instead of spending New Year's Eve in Boise...

Posted

well no worries Homer...it's not as if the Rose Parade is going anywhere...it'll always be here every New Year's...so whenever you can...just come on down...lol...sure Timothy you should give it a try...

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

aww thanks sweety pie, my little sexy honey due lol

Timothy_Brown
Posted

Thank you, Jony!

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

I am from the East coast but I always watch it on Tv and love it every year...
Homer Gooooo Ducks....

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

yes go DUCKS!!!!!!

Posted

Yea i've watched it on TV here and then when my lil luna was too young to be outside in the cold...but now Cali weather has been hotter than ever...winter doesn't seem to last here...cuz the sun is blazing out here...anywho...i've always thought it's better to be there to experience it...and as any event...it's always better if you're actually there...the experience is so much better...or so i thought for my friend Andre...but he tried it once and he said never again would he do it...the cold was too much for him...but this year wasn't so cold at all...in fact we needed umbrellas and shades cuz that sun was hitting us hard...so be prepared for anything both cold and hot...especially hot though...lol...i seriously wish i could've brought some of the cold from Bend and bring it to Pasadena...lol...oh well...

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Homer did you get to watch the game?

Jony I sure do know what it is like to see it live back in the late 70's I was in Cali when I was in the navy.That was the last time I saw it live..

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

yes i did. it was a great game.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Now lets see what happens next for them....

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i will be watching my DUCKS lol

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Can't wait to see what happens....

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

me either