Libby_Horning

Favorite Verses - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

I think that by sharing our favorite scripture we can ourselves grow in our faith and help others grow in theirs. I'm opening this discussion as a form of fellowship so to start us off I'll share one of my personal favorites.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Reese_Danger
Posted

Thank u fr sharing

Timothy_Brown
Posted

Thank you, Libby. Very nice, encouraging verse!

Posted

I also agree!

Posted

>
New International Version 1984

1The words of Jeremiah son of Hilkiah, one of the priests at Anathoth in the territory of Benjamin. 2The word of the Lord came to him in the thirteenth year of the reign of Josiah son of Amon king of Judah, 3and through the reign of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah, down to the fifth month of the eleventh year of Zedekiah son of Josiah king of Judah, when the people of Jerusalem went into exile.

The Call of Jeremiah

4The word of the Lord came to me, saying,

5“Before I formed you in the womb I knewa you,

before you were born I set you apart;

I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

6“Ah, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.”

7But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a child.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.

9Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “Now, I have put my words in your mouth. 10See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.”

11The word of the Lord came to me: “What do you see, Jeremiah?”

“I see the branch of an almond tree,” I replied.

12The Lord said to me, “You have seen correctly, for I am watchingb to see that my word is fulfilled.”

13The word of the Lord came to me again: “What do you see?”

“I see a boiling pot, tilting away from the north,” I answered.

14The Lord said to me, “From the north disaster will be poured out on all who live in the land. 15I am about to summon all the peoples of the northern kingdoms,” declares the Lord.

“Their kings will come and set up their thrones

in the entrance of the gates of Jerusalem;

they will come against all her surrounding walls

and against all the towns of Judah.

16I will pronounce my judgments on my people

because of their wickedness in forsaking me,

in burning incense to other gods

and in worshiping what their hands have made.

17“Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them. 18Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land—against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land. 19They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.
Footnotes:
a 5 Or chose
b 12 The Hebrew for watching sounds like the Hebrew for almond tree.
>THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV®

Posted

I wish I'd thought of those verse, Andre!!

Posted

1 Corinthians 13 (New International Version

1 Corinthians 13

New International Version (NIV)

1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

I urgent appeal t all of you in fellowship in what we believe, love and share.
PLEASE, CONTACT THE OWNERS AND FOUNDERS OF THIS GROUP, WHERE THEIR ARE HATE AND RELIGIOUS HATE SPEECH HERE, WHERE PEOPLE COME IN JUST TO ANNOY, SPEW FORTH THEIR HATE AND THE VENOM OF A SELF RIGHTEOUS AND LOATHSOME HYPOCRITE.
they SHOULD BE REPORTED AND BLOCKED FOR NOT ONLY THEIR MISGUIDED ACTIONS, BUT THIS GROUP, IS A SANCTUARY, OF LOVE, FAITH, HOPE, FELLOWSHIP, PRAYER REQUESTS AND SUPPORT FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE HURTING TO HEAR THE WORD OF GOD, WHICH IS LOVE AND FORGIVENESS.

As I quote one of the founding fathers of our nation:
“On the dogmas of religion, as distinguished from moral principles, all mankind, from the beginning of the world to this day, have been quarreling, fighting, burning and torturing one another, for abstractions unintelligible to themselves and to all others, and absolutely beyond the comprehension of the human mind.”

“Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual.” “I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.” Thomas Jefferson quote

Report and ban haters and the self righteous, and misguided Zealots, which also includes those who condemn the religion of others and disrespects them, this shouldn't be a forum of hate and intolerance, but acceptance, love and healing.

Please do not think I am a Great man, but rather one who I pray that the Spirit guides me, so that I might bind the wounds of those who are hurt, heal the broken hearts and forgive and prayer those who hate us. For Christ has said"

&gt
New International Version 1984

The Vine and the Branches

1“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunesa so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

9“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command. 15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17This is my command: Love each other.

The World Hates the Disciples

18“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’b If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin. 23He who hates me hates my Father as well. 24If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’c

26“When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. 27And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

Your Humble Brother in Christ: Anthony of Portsmouth+++++++++++++++++++ I pray that these words will help those who seek the truth and not twist the word's of the "Good News" as the Zealots, did in their own day.
For Jesus rebuked them: You tube video,

Jesus Rebukes the Scribes and Pharisees and Claims to be God
http://youtu.be/Alfxbonb2Do

To the haters here, do not cast the first stone, for your sins as many as they are, are forgiven you, through the Blood of the Risen Christ!
You have no reason then to point to the sins of others or any "organized religion" , for just as people hate us, then lets us be better, then them. For Our Father will not judge you on the sins of others, but the stains within your own soul, I beg you tend to them first so that Before the Throne of Judgement, you may be pure.

If today, you hear His voice, harden not your hearts.

The Book of Revelations *Full Movie*

http://youtu.be/4VP6FpIjKGA

Shalom et Benedictus!

Posted

Bill, they are already written in your heart, because Gods loves you so much, have a blessed year! May God watch over you and your family, now and until we meet in Heaven

Posted

Andre, we're going through a very tough time atm, because my wife and I will be getting a divorce this year. This is as a result of my coming out on Nov 2nd and falling in love with a young Malaysian man,who has also fallen in love with me. Our intention is to spend the rest of our lives together! I'm going out to Penang in March for a visit to see him, and then when i come back to thew UK, we get divorced and I'll be moving to Penang into my rented apartment where I'll stay until J finishes his diploma course in the summer of 2013, then we mov e to the States, where he has been offered a job as manager of a b & b my cousin and her husband in South Carolina.
Both J and I would describe ourselves as evangelical Christians. We know God loves us. I also believe that he is with us. BUT it has been difficult for me to read some of the criticism from my Christian friends. Most people have been very supportive. Anyway, thank you very much for ur encouragement,

Posted

You are welcome. The haters have it all wrong! hate and being ugly is easy and a cop out, while love, forgiveness and being polite to others are a far more harder thing to do and be.

Posted

I know that this is a somewhat recycled phrase however I feel that it is entirely applicable to all situations, 'Hate is easy, Love takes courage.' I'd like to point to some of those who throw the phrase around quite often that Love is what God is, it is who He is and that following the path that He has set for us is a narrow somewhat overgrown path for though many have traveled it many more don't know how to get to it. We have been sent by Christ to go and be fishers of men, to spread the Good News. However, it should be known that," the greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge God with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle, that is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable." I encourage you all to live in such a way that the Word of the Lord shines through you.
Yes, there are many who hate us for superficial and prejudicial reasons but as we grow in Christ and each other we will add a great number to our family. This discussion is all about God and what He has done and is doing in our lives. For we are the body. Amen.

Bill, though you have said it will be a while before you move I would like to welcome you to the beautiful state of South Carolina. I wish you peace through this difficult time and know that you always have you brothers and sisters here to talk to should you need us; we will come running.

Posted

Libby, I "filled up" when u said those encouraging words in ur final paragraph. My family came from Charleston. Have u heard of Magnolia Gardens or Drayton Hall? My ggg uncle was the Rev John Grimke-Drayton who owned MG in the 19th century. I've ALWAYS wanted to move to SC. It's home to me - in particular the Lowcountry round Charleston!!! I have many friends there. Since 2006 I've been to Charleston at least once a year. Hope we can meet up when J and I eventually get there. My intention is to become a US citizen.

Posted

I'm glad that my words encouraged you. I have heard of Magnolia Gardens and Drayton Hall. I lived in Charleston for a time but have moved back to Columbia. It would be an honor to be counted among your friends here and perhaps we can meet up.

Posted

Here is my website - www.grimke.co.uk. U will see that I write poetry and compose music. I used to do genealogy, but my time is taken up now with other things???!!!!!! BUT I have ALWAYS wanted to live in my home state - and especially somewhere in the Lowcountry. My ancestor arrived in the Carolina colony in 1679. And I have an ancestor who fought the British during the Revolutionary War. So I'm really more American than British!!!!!!!