Bob

Being ignored - Gay Guys! <3

Bob
Posted

What sort of person would receive a message in their inbox and simply not reply?
Surely a reply of "I find you to be the worst kind of person imaginable" is much better than no reply at all.
If you put this interaction (or lack of) in a different context such as sitting in a cafe then the person to receive the message would simply be sitting there staring into the bottom of their coffee cup, probably trying to figure out how long they are going to survive in the world without basic social skills.
I have had a lot of very hurtful things said to me but nothing is as spiteful and nasty as being ignored.
Rant over,
happy new year
xx

David_Dubber
Posted

Really do not understand why there are so many rude guys around in this world. Politemness costs nothing.
Hope you had a good birthday and Christmas

Bob
Posted

It's just rude people in general. I suppose rudeness is something that really annoys me, or rather discourtesy. Holding a door for a stranger who says not even a word of acknowledgement.
I think I'm just venting to be fair, I've been having a great festive season. How about yourself?
x

Daniel_Tatton
Posted

I imagine it's more being lazy than being rude tbh. People will look at the sender's profile first and if they don't like the look of them, then they can't be bothered to send them a message.

It IS rude though, don't get me wrong. But laziness is the cause.

Happy New Year :3 xx

Posted

actually its all of these thing, but also they couldnt care less, they use this site as a closet to hide in, because they cant handle reality,gay is meant to mean "as good as you", sorry they aint, not even close.
Only a few are real, the rest, bigotted fags hiding.
The real gays happy new year, the rest , well you dont want me state it, it might be regarded as offensive.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i do not know why guys are being rude to you Bob. your one sexy stud

Bob
Posted

Gentlemen, I was on about people in general.
Not everything on this site needs to be about being gay

Heebie999
Posted

I'd guess anyone who look at your picture or your profile, and saw anything that turned them off. "too old" "too young" "has a tattoo" "too skinny" "too fat" "too hairy" "not hairy enough" etc...
You should try not to take it personally... it's a reflection on them, and not a reflection on yourself, whether it stems from laziness, nonchalance, or just plain being a prick.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I was thinking that maybe they did not see your post or simply did not have time to answer it. I'm sure that I've been guilty of that myself.

Khen_Ma
Posted

Happy New Year

Andre_Chen
Posted

Different people have different standards of socializing, and I think for them, not posting a reply is no big deal. They might not mean any offense, or can't find anything to say. It's like meeting someone in the hallway, some people might make small-talk, others might just give a general nod. The people who like to talk might be really offended if the other guy just nodded, but there might not be any offense intended at all. Maybe they can't think of anything to reply to. I've gotten many messages where it only goes "Hey! What's up? How are you?". The only thing I can think of in reply is "Good...you?". For some people, if there is nothing meaningful to say, then there is no purpose to say it.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I totally agree, André!

Bob
Posted

I couldn't disagree more. In your hallway metaphor the person receiving the greeting will always acknowledge in some way that a greeting has been made. The ignoring of a message or email has also occurred with people that I have known for a long time.
In terms of "Hi, how are you?" that is probably the most accepted form of conversation opener, I have had many a great conversation that have begun with those four words