Gary_A._Watson

Dr Who - Gay fans of Doctor Who

Gary_A._Watson
Posted

I have been watching the Doctor for years. I like Tom Baker. He is my favorite. I like the early dielecs. The inspiration for their shape was a salt and pepper shaker set. The "arm" was a toilet plunger. Talk about low budget sets! I have most of the early first doctor as well.
Public Broadcasting here used to air Tom Baker on Sat afternoons from 4pm to 6pm. The world would stop turning for us. We would have a table with snacks, some drinks and just stayed glued to the TV.

Posted

same here. It used to air on PBS station here Mon-Fri 5 to 5;30pm. Then they changed it to Friday Night at 11pm, where they'd play a whole episode (and some of them ran til after 1 am)

Posted

same here. It used to air on PBS station here Mon-Fri 5 to 5;30pm. Then they changed it to Friday Night at 11pm, where they'd play a whole episode (and some of them ran til after 1 am)

Posted

Paul_Beckmann_63652
Posted

Tom Baker was the first doctor I saw and I believe I followed the series through 3regenerations. It aired on PBS at 11pm sat's. I was in school and had to sneek to the family room to watch it (so I wouldn't wake my parents). I didn't even realize it was still on! So I'll have to play a lot of 'catch-up' to be in this group. lol I hope you don't mind.
BTW, I always thought the dahlecs were his worst foe except for his previous friendand time lord The Master.

Mark_Brisby
Posted

I started watching the show with Eccleston. I loved it! Then he changed into Tennant, and at first I was like "Who the hell is that? Where's my doctor?". It took me till about "Tooth and Claw" to trust that he was indeed the same character.

Then I went back and watched all of Tom Baker who was absolutely brilliant! "I suppose you could say the yoke's on him if you were the sort of person who would say that sort of thing, which fortunately I'm not."

Now that Tennant is gone and we have Smith. At first I was not impressed, but in true Who fashion, the more I watched, the more I came to understand the dark humor involved in the spoken lines. I appreciate the work that goes into the show overall, although I do prefer the Russell T Davies Christmas specials over the Steven Moffat ones.