Paige_Rivard

i feel like im... - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

i feel like im going to hell because im bisexual. i dont want to go to hell but its just something that i cant help. i like who i like. but i am also losing faith in christianity because ive been verbally abused and ridiculed for being bisexual and christian. im starting to feel like i dont belong in christianity and i just need some reassurance.
do you feel you are going to hell? what should i do? who do i turn to?

Ryan_Siriwardene
Posted

Hey Paige

Why do you feel guilty because what they say? I went through the same thing except being verbally abused.

Do you feel guilty being bisexual? My tip is live life the best you can and disregard what others say. Also do not give them fuel by proudly boasting you are bisexual.

I am open about sexuality, I dont go around telling everyone, I just ease it into the conversation as I rather get to know Ryan not my sexual orientation.

Once you become fully comfortable with yourself and who you are and what you can be is when you stop feeling like you are going to hell.

Hopes this helps. Email me if it doesnt!

Ezekiel_Mathi
Posted

Hi Paige Rivard, my name is Ezekiel... Even though the bible is against homosexuality it is not really against it, because the word homosexual was created about 100 years ago by scholars. Before Jesus' time there was no proper word to describe what is gay or homosexual. I think personally that gays or bisexuals can go to heaven because God created us this way and he loves us just as we are. Always remember that. Enter a metropolitan church in your community, that kind of church accepts people regardless of their sexuality. Turn to God at all times, draw strength and comfort from him and pour out your heart to him, just like a friend and i believe that he will feel you with His love. May God bless you !=)

Posted

thanks guys im glad to hear your response and ezekiel i will see if there is a metropolitan church in my area. i got an idea from a friend of how to get things off my chest and to god. that writing in a notebook a letter to him saying whats wrong and how you feel, stuff like that. i think im going to try that tonight.

Ryan_Siriwardene
Posted

writing in a journal helps massively.
I dont go to Metropolitan church due to the distance.

The way I see it I go to church to praise God and thank him or could be her, we just dont know but mostly he for what he has given me.

Plus I enjoy going to church. So why should I change churches just coz of sexual orientation. If people going to judge on that they are not worth knowing.

Posted

good im glad to hear that helps because im going to keep one. i see what you mean about the metropolitan church though.

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Hi Paige,
I am in agreement with Ryan and Ezekiel. You are not going to hell because of your sexuality. Sweetheart, God knew who you were before you were conceived and your sexuality is no surprise to Him. Ezekiel is right about the word homosexuality. There are far too many who call themselves Christians and don't fully understand what it really means to wear the name of our Lord. Too many people look at what the bible reads and don't pay enough attention to what the bible says; there is a difference.

Going to heaven is determined by ones' relationship with the Lord, or lack thereof. It has nothing to do with who your sexuality. God looks at our hearts, at our behavior toward one another and whether or not we decide to follow Him or go against Him. He doesn't look at who we fall in love with.

As for the church, when you do find one, remember that it has to be edifying to your spirit and not just your flesh. In other words, a gay affirming church is great, but the church doesn't teach the true word of God and doesn't feed your spirit, it is not the right church. Just my opinion.

Take care and God bless you.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I agree with Ryan, Ezekiel and Susan! I too have had problems with this in the past and thought I was going to hell so I just turned my back on the whole thing for a long time until I became ill with my second lethal disease. My mother told me that she, my family and her friends and family friends were praying for me. At first I thought...well, it is good energy...so go ahead. Then, I was cured of both them (www.timothyrbrown.com). They were HIV and Accute Myoloic Leukemia (AML). I am the first person who has ever been cured of HIV. It is a true miracle and I now truly believe that God has chosen me for something great. I am now traveling the world to promote funding and scientific interest in establishing a universal cure for HIV. I may be responsible for the interest of Sarah Jessica Parker's interest in financially supporting amfAR. I met her at a symposium where I recently spoke.

Anyway, I am sorry for babbling!

Posted

The first thing that came to mind for me was that this has happened too all of us, Paige, so you're not alone. I think a lot of LGBTQ people worry about whether or not they're going to hell. The sad thing is that many come to the conclusion that God, indeed, does hate them and so they reject God because He has "rejected" them.

Have you ever heard of the documentary "For The Bible Tells Me So"? It really helped to reassure me. You can find to online :-).

Remember this: "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that WHOEVER believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16. "Whoever", Paige. The only important thing is to put your trust in Christ and follow Him. No one will go to hell once they believe in and follow Him.

And besides, if Jesus had a problem with LGBTQ people, don't you think He'd have said something in the short time He spent on earth?! I'm a Christian and so I follow Christ, not what other mere humans say. And if the Big Man didn't say anything, then I don't think it's really that important.

God Bless. :-)

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Wee said Oran. And yes, that documentary is pretty awesome and a great tool for those who are unsure of where they fit in Christianity. God bless you all.

Posted

Paige I agree with Ryan, and I say to hell with these religious freaks. If they can't accept us for who we are, then they're the ones who'll burning in Hell, while we're all up in Heaven.

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Oran.. lol... I meant "well said". My fingers move faster than my brain sometimes.

Susan_Duviella
Posted

I have to get ready for work now, but there is one more thing I would like to say and there is no disrespect intended to anyone nor do I wish to belittle anyone's feelings as we are all entitled to feel what ever we will.

In response to Mark's comment Paige, I agree that we need not pay attention to those who will judge us and bring us down. However, I don't think we should allow ourselves to get so angry at them that we become just as hateful as they are. There's nothing to say that those who believe homosexuality is wrong is going to hell. There's nothing to say that all Christians in the LGBTQ community are going to heaven. Who goes to hell and who goes to heaven is not up to us.
Yes, separate yourself from those who will hurt you, condemn you, and put you down. Yolk yourself with those who will lift you up and help you learn and grow in your walk with Christ. Getting angry and judging those who judge us is not the answer. It only makes us just like them.

Always be in prayer and ask the Lord to guide you and He definitely will do that.
Gotta run now. Take care and God bless!!

Posted

Indeed, Proverbs 25: 21-22 is a perfect case in point: "If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you".

The greatest thing about Jesus is that He showed everyone love and if we are to call ourselves Christians, then we should love too.

Those Christians that condemn you, Paige, are not loving to everyone, but a select few. Likewise, no better are we that hate and despise straight Christians because they accept us not.

Show them love - it might just make them realise their own hypocracy.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I'm so happy to hear that there are other believers here...

Posted

I am one of the few who has never struggled with the thought that I might go to Hell for simply falling in love with another woman. I was raised in the faith by a true ally. My mother showed me that if you truly love God and follow him wholeheartedly that there is nothing to fear. Even before I admitted to myself that I am gay, I felt the Lord moving in my life, after I finally did, I felt the love that He has for me even more. Remember always;
Psalms 139:14-15 and 17-18 "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made! Marvelous are you works. And that my soul knows very well. You watched as I was being formed in seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.... How precious are you thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!"

I know that none of us are perfect, but God loves us as though we were, 'for in Christ we are a new creation' love transcends all things and is what God is... Love.

I hope this helps anyone who is questioning and reads it. I love you all as if you were my brothers and sisters, for in Christ that is exactly what you are.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

Thank you, Libby! We need these versus to help build us up!

Mark_Brener
Posted

“God created man in Its image and likeness” (Genesis) If this statement is accepted as a premise, What can it mean with regards to gay men and woman in general and marriage specifically?

Posted

what it means is that no religions should come between you and happiness, and that goes for everyone here.

Posted

Religion has gotten in the way of Christianity. People 'love' God for their own reputations and twist and manipulate it to applaud themselves and condemn others. Sadly, at one point or another we are all guilty of this. We so quickly forget that we are no better or worse than anyone else and become complacent in our lives and judgements.

Christianity is about our relationship with God and our brothers and sisters in Him.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

Very true, Libby!

Susan_Duviella
Posted

Mark,
You posted earlier that "“God created man in Its image and likeness” (Genesis) If this statement is accepted as a premise, What can it mean with regards to gay men and woman in general and marriage specifically"?

Here's my take on this subject: God created man [humankind] in His image and likeness; we know that God is spirit as confirmed by Jesus Himself (John 4:24). The image and likeness [I believe] He speaks of have to do with our character; with our spirit. We were created with the ability to love. God loved us first and the bottom line is that He simply wants us to love Him. When we love Him the way that He loves us, all will fall into place.
He gave the ability to think and reason; to make decisions. He gave us free will to be able to chose the path we want to take. He only asks that we take the path that leads to Him. His image and likeness has nothing to do with being male or female. It has to do with who we are inside and the gifts that he has provided within us.

The knowledge of creation was provided to us so that we can know the awesome power of the one true God; who gives the breath of life to all of His creation. The power of Him who hangs the planets in the sky and they stay there; allows the oceans to move with the tide and only go so far. He who created things to grow from the ground and bear fruit for us to eat. It is about His power and His glory; not about male or female.

Now, He did create all living things both male and female each of their own kind and He has done so for procreation purposes; to be fruitful and multiply the earth. He also created creatures that are neither male nor female; creatures that have offspring without the act of sex. Interesting isn't it? Did you know that the male seahorse gives birth? Go figure.

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh" ~ Gen. 2:24. A verse many use to confirm that marriage is only between one man and one woman. A mistake many people, including myself, have made is that we look at one verse and focus on just those words. We cannot do that if we are going to understand the Word in context. We must read the whole chapter. The woman was created from the bone of the man and each one was made in such a way that together they can create new life; procreation. Though it does not specifically say that the woman should leave her folks to be with the man, it's obvious that this is the case. Adam and Eve were the first human beings to be created and they needed to procreate; to populate; to be fruitful and multiply. And they did. This does not mean that two people could not or should not love each other because they are the same sex. The only difference is that they cannot procreate. Let's be honest, multiplying is no longer a necessity today as it was that day.

I believe that God created all people including gay people. After all, Adam and Eve were indeed the first, but I believe that they were not the only ones created. I believe there were others [after], but the focus was on them because they were first and because of the fall which we needed to know and understand.

I've written a lot already and I apologize for that. But I hope that I helped regarding your inquiry. Even if it's just a little. )

Ryan_Siriwardene
Posted

I think all Paige needs to know

Love herself for who she is. This will take time. So Paige keep attending church dont let anyone stop you,

Read these verses we recommend to you, heck I am going to read them too.

Also talk to God like you talk to us.

Everything in Time - No Doubt (I am sure you have heard of them - listen to that song)