Daniel_Sullivan_58924

im "out" and getting "outer" but boyfriend is...not...at all. - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

new boy friend! well kinda..we "known" each other for a while but made the recent choice to just be with each other. so far its been magical! never been used to a real boyfriend type thing. anywho i am out to almost everyone i know and he (who shall remain unnamed) is very in the closet at least when other people are around.. cant blame him tho whole family is super Catholics. i met his parents and was quizzed on the bible and my stance on gay marriage and abortion, sad to say i said what they wanted me to say very very well....and they said theater was a waste of time (as far as they know i'm teaching him bible stuff....HA!) anyway i want him to be cool with who he is but i don't want to cause him the pain of getting disowned or worse...anyone been thu some thing like this?? ideas?

Heebie999
Posted

Help him get out from under his parent's roof? If he's not old enough yet.. then wait until he is.. and then get him out from under their roof.

Daniel_Tatton
Posted

The problem definitely lies with his parents. There was a similar situation with religious parents on a forum I used to go on - his parents literally refused to accept he was gay, even calling the priest around and having him recite from the Bible etc. It sounds ridiculous, but the extent to which people will go due to their belief is limitless.

The safest option (because sometimes personal safety DOES come into religion vs sexuality) is to wait until it's actually possible to support yourselves outside of his parents house, whether it be him moving in with you, or you both finding a house etc.

Just play it safe and, as hard as it can be, lie a little to make it easier. It's not how the world should be but in some cases, that's how it is.

Hope it goes okay x

Keith_Imeson
Posted

it,s hard to come out for some, i,m out to some and not to others, some under stand and some don,t. it,s hard tobe yourself. i wish all goes well for you and your lover

Dennis_Mix
Posted

If he is with his parents and is old enough if want he will leave home to be with you if not I don't like lying so it would not go.

Alfawolf

Posted

.....WELL....he has moved out!!......into a apartment arcross the street from his old house...yay :/... that they pay for....i would love to move with him else ware (im broke) but ..still walls be thick up in da bitch sooo no longer have to bite the pillows !! (so to speak)

Keith_Imeson
Posted

i wish you luck with your problem life is not easy

Darcen_Darin
Posted

Always support your partner, time will actually make him feel comfortable with going out. WIsh u the very best!

Dennis_Mix
Posted

If he left home it means that he wants to open with you so he wants to go out support him with that.I think you both will feel better as time goes on.

Alfdawolf