Khristiaan_Parker

Social Phobia Gay Entering A Gay Club....what to expect? - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

So I have a major case of social phobia. I barely made two gay friends in six years basically. Every weekend is pretty much spent alone and dateless. But today I am considering working up the courage to finally go out to a gay club for the first time. Well technically at night I mean I have been to one for ten minutes during the day but nothing happens then. I mean "After Dark" for the first time without trying to leave within five minutes. Im scared to death cause gay people come here and I dont want them to think that I am gay although Im more gay then whoppi goldbergs hairdresser. Hell being around people frightens me. I don't know if going to a gay club is the best thing for me but I want to try and have some fun. Even if I don't chicken out tonight Im not expecting people to talk to me cause I dont have any good looks but at least I went or will or might go...I dont know what do you think? Im like a man repellent...

elSac08
Posted

I think that most of us have felt that way at one time or another - go out expecting to have some fun, it may actually happen. If it doesn't - you've tried. I've come to believe that it's important to extend myself, make new friends and develop a network.

Posted

Go you might surprise yourself and have a ball. Remember life is to short so enjoy.

Posted

Just go! All the prejitters and freaking out is totally unnecessary. Just take a deep breath and go inside. Or try something smaller, like going to a cafe and meeting people, then work your way up to going to the club.

Posted

just go & enjoy yourselve, whats the worst that can happen , no -one talk to you, still have fun, and next time they will recognize you and the ice will be broken.

Posted

i think the last word is what you want to do, as for the other thats up to you

Posted

Just go enjoy yourself.Relax have a drink and sit at a table and someone will come and talk to you,just be yourself