Gene_Lewis

BEATING A DEAD HORSE - Gay Guys! <3

Gene_Lewis
Posted

same sex marriage is the big deal now a days n me n my kind r gettig bash cause we aren't for it. hell i'm not down for marriage in any setting but the only thing the community hears is i'm against same sex marriage. if you don't want to know how i feel about this r any subject don't ask me. hell, i don't think gays should have chilren either. all this seems to me that we have to feel we need thier appoveal to be human. that just living our lives the way we seem fit isn't good enough. that the only thing that will make us whole is to fix into the main steam. i love kids as long as they belong to someones. and because i feel this way i would never get piss off at someone because they don't share my ideals or believes.

Posted

gene, i am sorry to hear that. but the title should be changed to what in europe and the uk, scotland are asking for, is EQUAL RIGHTS.
Gene i wholeheartly support this , and although our generation will not use it, many will.
a lot of the younger generation want relationship , and would like to marry in a religious setting. There are churches out there that want to perform religious services to the gay community.
But gene, if lets say that 2 people in the uk are in a equal partnership, and want to get married, because 1 of them changes sex, they have first to divorce each other, get a special transgender licence, and then re-marry.
Also the question over here of financial implications of pensions, and benefits for the spouse comes into the debate.
Transgender people are a part of our community too.
So are all gays, male or female, who may wish to get married.
All of us need to support this,even if we never use the legislation.
More info on the campaign in Scotland can be found on facebook, under Equal Marriage, or the Equality-network, just put www. before it
all the best gene

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I agree with Gene in the sense that I do not truly believe in marriage as an institution for anyone. Still I do think that all people must be treated equally under law so I agree with Allan as well.

Posted

i am glad to hear that because all the churches over here,want the legislation dropped, and also civil partnerships dissolved for the gay community.
At the moment a hate campaign by the church of Scotland, and the catholic church is in full swing, but denmark is going ahead with the legislation anyway, and next year thee consultation moves to england and wales, where church groups are to have no say or vote in the legislation.

Gene_Lewis
Posted

talking about transgender people gets into something else i'm not down with. to me transgender people are saying God made a mistake and my God don't make mistake, but that's another topic. i call this topic beating a dead horse because it had been talk about and talk about here more times then not. and you allan aren't understanding what i'm saying. i'm saying that even though i'm not down with the whole marriage thing or the kid thing that me and i should have the right to free the way i want too about this. people should be able to feel the way they want without people jumping down their throat and trying to make them feel bad because they disagree with them. ok you are for all that and that's good for you. you won't here me telling you that you are wrong and you should be on my side. i'm sick of people telling me because i'm gay i should be on the side of the whole marriage or kid thing. i do believe in equal rights for everyone but a ring or having a child won't chance anything. still this is the way i feel. all the things i speak on in this site are what i feel and thing and the things i say outside of here are me and no one has the right to fight with me and tell me that i can't really be gay because if i was i would be for all those things. what because i'm gay i should be on the same pages as all gays and not have my own thoughts and ideals

Posted

well, gene as you can see this topic is a dead horse, thats the problem w/wide in the gay community, your all divided, all saying who gives a f***, well folks whether you like it or not, i am on this site, and i do care.
I think gene, even you saw that the other night.
As i have previously stated, do this for the future, the next generation of gays.
also online petetion supporting gays in Nigeria, need your support now, if nothing else support this, if the nigerian president passes the bill, gays go to prison for being queers, for 14 years.
we in countries have greater rights, than many out there, we need to support all, and start to care.
If we dont, then all gays everywhere will suffer, do we really want to see our people segerated and persecuted for being queer.
Dont forget gene, after the 2nd world war, gays in california, were arrested, and jailed in mental institutions, and lobotomy was given as a form of treatment. If you agree with that gene, i am sorry gene i thought better of you, and also know better.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

That was an incredible plea, Allan!

Posted

more stuff coming later, timothy, and it about us, here on this site, if you want an idea, go to gays.com feedback, subject "help write the group rules"and read what i posted

Gene_Lewis
Posted

i do believe in equal rights for all and if nigerian has this happening then i going to get my granddad's double barrel and going in heels to support lol. but i still should have the right to agree or disagree with any thing. but i don't think equal right has to include gays getting married, or anyone getting married. i want all people to have the right to love anyone they choice. i support what you are saying and i heard about all the things that happen to gays before wwII and the stonewall in 69 and i'm for all those things, but like i said i should have the right to believe what i want. allan you are making it seem just like the person that made me start this feel. just because i'm not down for gay marriages, gays having children, or believe in transgenders i'm against the whole gay community

Posted

gene, i am not making it seem, that you are against equal rights, there are pluses and minuses in everything, and see you state that what is happening in nigeria is wrong, but it is not there only, its everywhere, even in the states.
Look at "advocate mag" published in usa, its got a lot of info, even look me up on facebook, same name, remember allan ross, pic is ship .
You have the right to believe, what you wish, i would fight allcomers to see that right preserved. But i am only 1.
We all should support each other.
And gene your still my friend, you supported me the other night,and that to me means a lot.
However, my next comment is about us, what is happening,proposed, and is going to happen on this site.
I have made proposals on "write the group rules" and something along these lines is going to happen on this site. Jony and others talked about sex sites on here. etc. I have consolidated all the comments /discussions, and so far, only me , mike , tara, calvin, jessica, & dennis mix have commented.
Its not just about me, its for all of us , and we need all to comment.

Gene_Lewis
Posted

ok, i'm a little slow. please explans what you mean

Posted

equal rights for all means just that, you have the right to agree or disagree.
and as for the other thing, its just been put up. new discussion MONITORING

Heebie999
Posted

The issue is not whether or not we should be "trying to imitate" straight people as far as marriage & relationships goes.
The issue is the the government telling us we cannot have the relationships we want, and that our relationships are not "worth" the same as straight marriages are.. because "they" said so.
It's none of ANY government's business to tell me whom I can, nor cannot, love, nor dictate to me what my relationship can be called, or how "valuable" it is to society.

Gene_Lewis
Posted

again, please read the whole comment before you comment. i was not talking or tryingto start a discussion on gay marriages but the ideal of not being made to feel like an outsider because what i fell or think about gay issues

Posted

todd, & gene
Both of you are right in what you say, but equally be both wrong, it only an opinion, and also depends on your outlook, and how you view your intercourse with the straight community.
What gene is trying to get across, is his point of view, that as a gay man, he is getting hell for his stance on the marriage issue, he thinks it a dead horse, over here, we would call it a dead duck?
As for gene's other comments about transgender's, that only his opinion, and he will still be my friend, even if i feel he is wrong about that.
And todd you are also my friend.
And now for something completely different, as the python team would say,
You do know that richard ivers has sent pic of his boxers, and part of him is in it?
ha ha ha

Gene_Lewis
Posted

well allan you are getting close. the reason i call it beating a dead horse because so many people have started a discussion on gay marriages about gays and children in this room and as new people keep joining the site they don't know that subjects have already been discuss, but in different was and with different views. and some of older members to the site may have just forgot and restart a topic. with me knowing that is the reason for the title. the main point of it is people gay or straight should have a right to have their own opinion and not made to feel stupid or out of place if they don't agree with the mastes

Posted

actually gene i brought this topic up 2mths ago, and hi-jacked your discussion somewhat, knowing full well, how a lot of them felt.
But as to old conversations, or topic. That too change,same as groups, even greet & meet, the site is enlarging. thats why i want and value your input and have posted various topics & points on here, for all to see.
I am not just doing this for me, but for all.
And in case you dont know, mike already has me involved, also my fault, i said i would help /do the monitoring, myself if necessary, but if you look at it, and give the rest of us your support, we can keep watch, and still have fun on here.

Posted

and already have support of some of the guys.
will post more about that , when set up monitoring group.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Gene if you know you are beating a dead horse then why bring it up...Next time this comes up it will be delete by me weather anyone likes it or not...

Gene_Lewis
Posted

no with me bring up just the words gay marriage or gays and chilren people will start people talking

Posted

one final comment all about this came across it today, no-reply necessary, but gene you can use this against any who are having a go at you.
marriage, as it is ,is an institution which reinforces that a monogamous relationship should be central to life, this is not the only way of having relationships - polyamarous people love more than one person at a time and in diverse ways. equal marriage would not help this group, which are also part of lgbtq, and we might be missing the point, by seeing the legislation as the holy grail.
...............................................................................................................................................

gene this perspective supports your argument, any hassle use this argument against them. they cant argue this point.