Sex, Dating & Love

Gay Romance: how to tell he's not the one

He’s wined you, dined you and 69ed you. You’re totally his. But then things slowly start to change. It’s subtle at first – but there are

0 comments
Sex, Dating & Love

Gay Romance: dating tips on how to find the one

Is gay romance possible in the era of the semi-anonymous hookup? Of course! The ever-cynical Alex Hopkins at Gays.com thinks so - and

0 comments
Sex, Dating & Love

Is three a crowd? The Gays.com guide to threesomes

Is there such a thing as threesome etiquette? Gays.com explores how to max out the fun and avoid those shameful

0 comments

Gay Romance: how to tell he's not the one

Sex, Dating & Love 0 comments

He’s wined you, dined you and 69ed you. You’re totally his. But then things slowly start to change. It’s subtle at first – but there are definite warning signs that he’s no good. How do

Read more

Gay Romance: dating tips on how to find the one

Is gay romance possible in the era of the semi-anonymous hookup? Of course! The ever-cynical Alex Hopkins at Gays.com thinks so - and shares some dating tips on how you can achieve it.

Read more

Is three a crowd? The Gays.com guide to threesomes

Is there such a thing as threesome etiquette? Gays.com explores how to max out the fun and avoid those shameful moments… 

Just who do you want to get sticky

Read more

Rampant role play

It’s getting rather boring in the bedroom. In fact, it’s got to the point where you’re sitting there in your thermals watching reruns of RuPaul’s Drag Race – or, even worse, Bette Davis

Read more

Nightmare boyfriends – and how to spot them

If he’s rich, cultured and gorgeous, he is probably a psychopath. Is your guy too good to be true? Do you see some behaviour which concerns you? If so perhaps you’ve hooked up with the

Read more

If you go down to the woods today: London's gay cruising grounds

Gays.com is pleased to report that the age-old tradition of al fresco cruising is still alive and well in certain parts of London – it’s just knowing where to look.

Once

Read more

The pleasures of being a slut

In the US and countries in Europe, equal marriage rights is something many thought would never happen. But does it force a new form of conformity and respectability on gay men – making

Read more

New Year, New Love: Gays.com's Get-Your-Guy Tips

Looking for love? Tired of finding guys that match and getting no responses? Well, with the right attitude, it’s not so difficult to get men falling at your virtual door. Finding what

Read more

Bondage: a beginners’ guide

Who hasn’t, at some point, had fantasies about being controlled or being controlling? The gay scene is full of opportunities for those into BDSM – but how do you start exploring your

Read more

Chemsex vs Sober sex

Sex, Dating & Love 5 comments

Gays.com writer Alex Hopkins speaks to men who became addicted to chemsex. How difficult was it to go back to having sober sex - and how have their lives changed?

When it

Read more

Rekindling the flame

All relationships go through tough times, straight or gay. The trick is weathering them and coming out the other end – preferably stronger. Alex Hopkins takes a look at the ways you can

Read more

Is he really into you?

Sex, Dating & Love 3 comments

There’s something wrong. You can’t quite put your finger on it, but that guy of your dreams has been acting strangely. Is your relationship on the way out? And, if so, how can you be

Read more

Dating tips for the single gay: what not to do on a first date

Sex, Dating & Love 6 comments

You’ve had your eye on someone for ages - and have finally plucked up the courage to ask them out. How do you make sure your first date is a dream and not a disaster, asks Alex

Read more

Group sex in gay relationships – how does it work?

Group sex plays a part in many gay men’s relationships – but it can potentially cause problems within a partnership. Alex Hopkins investigates.

“I felt caught in between,

Read more

Gay men and fetishes: how does it work for a couple?

Sex, Dating & Love 1 comment

How do a gay couple go about exploring fetishes with one another – and what impact can this have on their relationship, asks Alex Hopkins.

“Our main rule is we will not hurt one

Read more

Gay and single forever: Does hope of finding love fade with age?

Sex, Dating & Love 9 comments

Is it never too late to find love? Alex Hopkins talks to older gay men about their experiences of dating and finding love. 

I have once more survived the vilest day of the year:

Read more

Getting back into the dating game

Sex, Dating & Love 1 comment

How do you get back into the dating game after a long break? Gays.com writer Alex Hopkins talks about his gay dating experiences after a two-year gap. 

Of all the things

Read more

The Waiting Game

You've started dating someone, but you've not yet had sex.  How long should you wait, and what do you need to consider, Asks Alex Hopkins. 

I was nervous, and this was

Read more

“Benefriends”: the pleasures and pitfalls

Would you have sex with your friends?  What do you stand to gain or lose with a fuck buddy, asks Alex Hopkins.

Oh, the perils of house hunting as a gay man. “I’m looking

Read more

Bareback sex?, No thanks...

It was taboo. For me it always had been. It was my boundary. That blurred dividing line between hedonism (which I loved) and self-destruction (which I constantly toyed with, but always pulled back

Read more

The top or bottom obsession

Do gay men place too much emphasis on being active or passive, asks Alex Hopkins.

The party was going quite well – until it happened; and I really should have seen it

Read more

My heart belongs to Daddy

Sex, Dating & Love 7 comments

Is the 'Daddy/Son' relationship a new trend in gay culture - and, if so, what's driving it?

“Hi, cute!” I type into the app without thinking. It’s the third time in a day

Read more

Cruise control: can intimacy be found in cruising grounds and saunas?

Alex Hopkins reminisces about his years spent in cruising grounds. Can intimacy be found in such places?

I’d read about the place in the gay city guide that I’d been

Read more

The problem with casual sex shaming

Sex, Dating & Love 4 comments

In the age of gay marriage, are those who hookup for casual sex being ostracised? Is there a new conservatism at play, asks Alex Hopkins.

"The new normal": it’s an insidious

Read more

Anatomy of a gay chill out

Alex Hopkins shares his experiences of gay sex parties and what can you expect from a sex party or gay chill out today.

Ok, I’m going to risk sounding my age here - past it, 'an

Read more